8years with the company I got fired for marijuana use

clean hairy

our parking lot is leased by the county or city. That's why they've always said to take fights out to the parking lots. Lol

I don't think there was proof that he drank in the parking lot, or they didn't go looking for proof.

Punched in folks who have messed with drugs/booze have never gotten their job back. Folks who haven't clocked in. Or those who clock out and then are seen doing funny business, it's a bit in the air.
Yet the parking lot was UPS property during the strike, and we were not allowed on the parking lot.
If something happens to a Management vehicle, it is UPS property.
But, something happens to employee vehicle, it is not UPS property or their problem.

trailer loader

Trailer Loader
if ups decided to drug test loaders and unloaders,at least 80-90% would be shown the door in my hub, we got sups , loaders, unloaders, sorters and pick offs taking dabs all shift,

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Consuming on property is contractual language.

if that guy who was drunk, drank a beer on property he would have been terminated on the spot. Before punching in or not.

I can still remember back in the 80's having TLA's (pizza and beers) while on the clock off the property, difference cultural norms back then...:drinkntypesmili1:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
UPS fired me for consuming marijuana before I went in to work. It was in property. I stated I was dealing with an addiction and needed help. Despite rumors of “potheads” I have management and co workers who know and will attest to me being a very hard worker, a team player, always with a smile and good attitude always willing to help, and over all a good person. They stated even with a grievance hearing they would not accept me back. Anyone ever been in this situation before how’d it turn out my union rep says it’s not for sure but he/she is sure they can get my job back but that it was going to take time. Any advice other then I have already quit using and am looking into MA classes for help with my addiction
Addiction? I thought this marijuana was harmless?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
UPS fired me for consuming marijuana before I went in to work. It was in property. I stated I was dealing with an addiction and needed help. Despite rumors of “potheads” I have management and co workers who know and will attest to me being a very hard worker, a team player, always with a smile and good attitude always willing to help, and over all a good person. They stated even with a grievance hearing they would not accept me back. Anyone ever been in this situation before how’d it turn out my union rep says it’s not for sure but he/she is sure they can get my job back but that it was going to take time. Any advice other then I have already quit using and am looking into MA classes for help with my addiction

Caught on property, smoking dope and test positive.

Non-DOT—Reasonable Cause:

"In the event an employee (not covered by DOT) is tested pursuant to the discipline Article in the Supplemental Rider or Addenda to the National Master UPS Agreement, such test will be performed under the same procedures and requirements as those set forth in this Article. In the event the test result is positive, as set forth above, it shall be considered a dischargeable offense."

https://teamster.org/sites/default/files/ups18nationalmaster.pdf

Enjoy your new career.

-Bug-

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I don’t know. Here I’ve heard DUI is not auto termination. You get one free pass. Second one you’re done.

A DUI off the clock in your own personal vehicle, is an automatic trip to be evaluated.

Based on that evaluation, it's usually rehab and a year of further testing.

Failure to inform the company of the DUI, or a DUI in the company vehicle and

you are done.... no chance at rehab.

It used to be you only got one "bite of the apple". But, that's changed.

"Employees shall be permitted to take advantage of a rehabilitation program once every five (5) years, three (3) times lifetime maximum, under all conditions of this Article."

quad decade guy

A DUI off the clock in your own personal vehicle, is an automatic trip to be evaluated.

"Employees shall be permitted to take advantage of a rehabilitation program once every five (5) years, three (3) times lifetime maximum, under all conditions of this Article."

Good info. Bravo. The OP sounds idiotic. But then, that would be unkind. I have a personal friend that has gotten his "act together" after a couple DUI's and I like the new version of him. I realize folks of every stripe have addictions and vices. For the OP, weed was "just integrated into my life", reminding all of us it's still illegal(Federally). A sign is posted(first thing you see) in our office that THC is illegal and DOT disqualifying. I believe in redemption and that can take many paths and forms. But do you want to work around folks that have such a problem with potentially impairing drugs?

iruhnman630

Yes they did they gave me to options to resign or go through with testing and if I came out positive it was a automatic termination they were trying to force me to resign but I want to keep my job with them but since they “seen me” smoking on property that rehab was out of the question ima about to file a grievance also wanted help on wording my grievance correctly
"...on property..."

You're screwed.

PT Car Washer

A DUI in my building gets you a broom and a job in Porters for up to a year.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I don’t know. Here I’ve heard DUI is not auto termination. You get one free pass. Second one you’re done.
Nope, as long as you are able to maintain your license and you tell them as soon as it happens your fine. You would be shocked to hear how many drivers have multiple dui’s