A new(On Topic) BC....

UPSER1987

Ok. But here's how it's gone in the past.....

You are personally attacked....even threatened.....bullied. You respond. Certain folks could have initiated the attacks or the bullying and then complained to the admins.....the "victim"(for lack of a better term) is put on Q. Maybe because their response is quite spirited. No? Absolutely.
I can never understand..how you can feel attacked…threatened…bullied on an internet site you VOLUNTARILY log into. There IS a solution you know?

Box Ox

New employees coming here for advice usually haven't developed the thick skin you need to successfully survive working for the company.

Glad you mentioned this. I know my skin wasn't as thick during the first days and weeks. Just never think about it and it probably is good to keep in mind.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Hi, is identifying personal attacks and bullying so difficult for average folks?
Why are you asking me this? It has nothing to do with what I said. Not every post is about you.

You've seen pages and hundreds of pages of this stuff. I'm curious what you think triggered the changes occurring now? The old members recognized it........
I just don't spend hundreds of pages whining about it. I have fun with people who attack me personally because I'm an adult who can handle it. When they spam me with nonsense, I put them on ignore. I don't have time for spam nonsense.

Explain why on-topic, non-bullying, non-personal attack posts would "all be deleted"...."for no reason"?
"All" was based on a hypothetical as indicated by the "At this rate" part, as in "if posts keep getting deleted at the current rate." I won't discuss the moderator decision that led to me making that remark because it's against TOS.

How about just not post them in the first place?
How about you pay attention to the post you are responding to and not make it all about you? I was referring to on topic posts getting deleted for no reason, why wouldn't I post an on topic post?

Do you think being bullied and personally attacked is basically "not liking it"?
I don't care. This post wasn't about you.

And that "on-topic" bullying posts are what most new members will be submitting?
I have no idea what you are talking about here.

Based on your words. Thanks.
Very few of my words, mostly taken out of context, then adding a bunch of your own baggage into it. You're welcome.

Reporting for against TOS: bullying.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Use ignore button
BF9705B5-0B44-4611-BBA8-9BDB709E58BA.jpeg

Like this ? Lol

quad decade guy

I can never understand..how you can feel attacked…threatened…bullied on an internet site you VOLUNTARILY log into. There IS a solution you know?
I do know many solutions. I understand why you don't understand me.....you don't know me.

Being, you are one of a few who consider BC your personal playpen. The "thick skin" folks per say.... You are part of(IMO) why we are having this conversation. Who, consider personal attacks, bullying necessary functions on BC. It's "just normal"...

I go on BC to talk about UPS subjects primarily and dabble in politics on current events. However, most of my time is/was spent fending off bullies(like now). One hallmark of this small group of folks is distancing and trying to re-define(condone, justify their behavior). The "good, clean fun".....so-called. Of which include but not limited to attacking my Wife, Daughter and at the very least smearing my character and even career. Noting: you guys did/do this to many folks......why we are having the changes on BC.

I realize some of your power being taken away is alarming. And chafing. Having unrestrained, anonymous, unlimited hate, bullying and all around boorish behavior must be intoxicating....I guess. Literally back-slapping, yucking it up.

And me leaving(as you thinly suggest)......that street runs both ways......you know?

Integrity

Binge Poster
I do know many solutions. I understand why you don't understand me.....you don't know me.

Being, you are one of a few who consider BC your personal playpen. The "thick skin" folks per say.... You are part of(IMO) why we are having this conversation. Who, consider personal attacks, bullying necessary functions on BC. It's "just normal"...

I go on BC to talk about UPS subjects primarily and dabble in politics on current events. However, most of my time is/was spent fending off bullies(like now). One hallmark of this small group of folks is distancing and trying to re-define(condone, justify their behavior). The "good, clean fun".....so-called. Of which include but not limited to attacking my Wife, Daughter and at the very least smearing my character and even career. Noting: you guys did/do this to many folks......why we are having the changes on BC.

I realize some of your power being taken away is alarming. And chafing. Having unrestrained, anonymous, unlimited hate, bullying and all around boorish behavior must be intoxicating....I guess. Literally back-slapping, yucking it up.

And me leaving(as you thinly suggest)......that street runs both ways......you know?
Well said.

UPSER1987

You don’t know me either.

Sounds like a bunch of double talk. BC isn’t the the only site to dabble in conversation. You seem to think anyone that doesn’t agree with you is bullying you. You feel bullied, but yet you bring family into the conversation. If you don’t want anyone attacking your wife or daughter, don’t bring them into a conversation with strangers-that seems downright idiotic (IMO) to me. You may tread with caution, realizing you are sensitive to strangers responses.

You do know the definition of insanity right?

BTW…NOT well said, in my opinion lol. Just more of the same.

Shrugs shoulders.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Important New Info, Please Read! | UPS Discussions

In an effort to keep the forum running, the threads, (and to my understanding, especially within the UPS discussions and Union boards) are to be kept on topic.

Nothing has changed, except the mods are going to be making sure threads aren't getting derailed so much.

Basically, the thread was a heads up to everyone to keep it between the lines. Hopefully everyone takes the time to read both it, and the TOS.
God bless BIG
all hail BIG
We appreciate everything you do

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Maybe a separate section for "Timid Teamsters" like at a Dog Park is necessary.
No more heartless bullying, Daily Thoughts, mutual love and accolades....just like their real life.

Someone mentioned "Ignore". Well, that's not a good long-term solution since those getting bullied are obviously chained to their computers and can't log off or disengage. Maybe finding the Ignore button through the tears may work for a little while until that overwhelming need to Unignore them occurs.

I thought Teamsters were tougher than what someone seems to go on ad nauseum about. (Baits everyone, BTW)

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Maybe a separate section for "Timid Teamsters" like at a Dog Park is necessary.
No more heartless bullying, Daily Thoughts, mutual love and accolades....just like their real life.

Someone mentioned "Ignore". Well, that's not a good log-term solution since those getting bullied are obviously chained to their computers and can't log off or disengage. Maybe finding the Ignore button through the tears may work for a little while until that overwhelming need to Unignore them occurs.

I thought Teamsters were tougher than what someone seems to go on ad nauseum about. (Baits everyone, BTW)

I was thinking about making a mirror "off topic" thread in current events for every thread in the ups discussions forum for the non-weenies to post in. They can quote the post they are responding to from the other thread and go off topic all they want.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The Life Forum with its threads will stay the same for now. The public can't see or read it unless they log on as a member. Some words will remain in the language filters. Google Ad Space will not pay to websites not following certain guidelines. Some of you guys that want to post anything have been killing this site financially for years. I'm surprised Cheryl allowed so much disrespect for her Terms of Service and kept it running. The current staff doesn't have permission to change certain things if we wanted to.
The current events forum should probably be moved into the members only section with the other degenerates in the Life forum.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
As of now, there are 16 public forums on this website. Only on UPS Discussions is the title marked "On Topic", and the consensus among the mod staff is to honor Cheryl's wishes and clean up the site some. We have been told by many former members that they got tired of all the derailing and insulting new members, so they quit logging on. So for now we are going to give this a try and see what happens. You can't please everybody.
Obvious question is, how come Mom didn't make all these changes if she wanted to "clean it up"?

MeatySmugIcelandichorse-max-1mb.gif

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
LOL....I must admit, reading about these changes, what prompted them, who is trolling/supporting them, the "need" for immediate action feels like a "Build Back Better" effort.

This may answer the obvious question

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.

The hateful eight ? Or six?

reginald95

I think there is far too much trolling in the UPS Discussion forum and Union that take away from meaningful contributions. While I don’t really find most of the stuff offensive, it’s hard to get real information when a lot of people just go into threads and derail them with their boomer humor.