Termination grievance

Thebrownblob

You don't have to have an "elected" position to watch a person walked out the gate, giving up their i.d. and being told "You are being terminated...."

BTW, I've seen almost all of the folks "with the Union representing people" as appointed crony political/bro/sista" paybacks. These folks known as Stewards and Business Agents.......granted they are appointed by "elected" positions.

Now, I'm wrong.....ok. Consider: If the person being terminated did nothing, would they stay "terminated"(meaning lose their job)? So, the effect of being terminated(fired etc).....would be.....yes.......terminated. I'm wrong?

Fascinating
What’s fascinating is that you worked at UPS as long as you did and you do not understand the process, giving up somebody’s ID and walking out the gate does not mean they’re permanently terminated until they go through the process. So yes, you’re wrong and happy Thanksgiving

Coldworld

60 months and counting
What’s fascinating is that you worked at UPS as long as you did and you do not understand the process, giving up somebody’s ID and walking out the gate does not mean they’re permanently terminated until they go through the process. So yes, you’re wrong and happy Thanksgiving
You REALLY haven’t worked here until they’ve walked you out at least once…it’s a right of passage.

Brown Down

don't they usually say you are BEING terminated. As in the company is in the process of it. You aren't truly terminated until after the panel hearing. Before that you are suspended without pay. As for being walked out without your id badge etc etc they do the same with cops under investigation, etc etc. They aren't fired yet but they aren't allowed to perfom any duties related to their job.

Thebrownblob

don't they usually say you are BEING terminated. As in the company is in the process of it. You aren't truly terminated until after the panel hearing. Before that you are suspended without pay. As for being walked out without your id badge etc etc they do the same with cops under investigation, etc etc. They aren't fired yet but they aren't allowed to perfom any duties related to their job.
Taken out of service

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You don't have to have an "elected" position to watch a person walked out the gate, giving up their i.d. and being told "You are being terminated...."

BTW, I've seen almost all of the folks "with the Union representing people" as appointed crony political/bro/sista" paybacks. These folks known as Stewards and Business Agents.......granted they are appointed by "elected" positions.

Now, I'm wrong.....ok. Consider: If the person being terminated did nothing, would they stay "terminated"(meaning lose their job)? So, the effect of being terminated(fired etc).....would be.....yes.......terminated. I'm wrong?

Fascinating.
Damn, do you ever take a day off from your doom and gloom
Stand down soldier it’s thanksgiving
SMH

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Because he has nothing better to do. Pathetic life that he just can't walk away and enjoy retirement. He has to keep posting doom and gloom and can't stay away.
Sounds like the guy has all the fun toys so makes no sense why he’s even wasting 1 minute on here with a bunch of random people. Glass 1/2 empty dude no matter on line or in real life. Can’t wait for his witty comeback with a bunch of quotes and a response a mile long.

ZeroHandicapper

Olympic Preload Gold Medalist
It doesn't matter what the termination was for. But Thank you for asking
It absolutely matters. Its almost like you are not telling us because its a guaranteed termination. Someone who is in the situation should be offering as much information as possible in hopes someone has been through the exact same situation and can offer their advice on how to deal.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Yes, mostly where you personally attacked union representatives as being Cronies and corrupt. That’s painting with a pretty broad brush with nothing more than your word.

There is very little possibility he has any first hand knowledge.

Feeder drivers have very little contact with management or other hourlies.

Most of their information.... is 2nd hand.... by word of mouth.

Thebrownblob

There is very little possibility he has any first hand knowledge.

Feeder drivers have very little contact with management or other hourlies.

Most of their information.... is 2nd hand.... by word of mouth.
Which is the case with pretty much everyone who is not a business agent, labor manager, Center Manager, or Steward.

I’ve went to numerous panels and came back back to the building after someone was terminated, and the rumors that were started without knowing the facts of the case were absolutely hilarious. Start explaining what actually happened and people are like oh that makes sense lol.

I’ve had the opportunity to meet almost all the players on both sides and while I disagree many times with the management side, I would never say either side is involved in cronyism or corruption.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Which is the case with pretty much everyone who is not a business agent, labor manager, Center Manager, or Steward.

Exactly.

I’ve went to numerous panels and came back back to the building after someone was terminated, and the rumors that were started without knowing the facts of the case were absolutely hilarious. Start explaining what actually happened and people are like oh that makes sense lol.

Yep.

I’ve had the opportunity to meet almost all the players on both sides and while I disagree many times with the management side, I would never say either side is involved in cronyism or corruption.

I have represented members at (literally) 1000's of Local level hearings, hundreds of State Panels, numerous

JAC Panels, and I am (+) 2/3.... at the National Panel. My experience speaks for itself.

I have sat on the (Union side) of panels at UPS and other industries.

I have never witnessed what @qdg2 has described.