About time they got caught!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Last ditch effort by FZ, and TDU.

I agree. They are reaching in order to try one last ditch effort.

"But Teamster members still have time to vote"

Just another TDU hit piece. That's all they do.

Tearing Down Unions.

Bring up Ron Carey....

And they scatter, like cockroaches.

A whole bunch of nothing

Yep.

The funny thing is a lot of locals are spending a lot of their members money on Tdu. This is a fact. Once they lose this election the real charges will fly. Just wait.

:biggrin:

FZ hasn't been in power long enough to make the connections

He has been the President of Local 89 since 2000.

Lost his appointment as IBT Carhaul Director.... for incompetence.

(which he desperately wants back)

Kenny hall is as honest as honest can be.

Yep.

People said the same thing about the charges against Bill L. Look where he is now.

He's retired.

Ken will be fine.

See me on November 18h.

Even the TDU pukes in my Local.... have conceded the fact, that they LOST.

-Bug-

Returntosender

I'm not a Hall fan but the document has lots of holes in the wording. Granted I did not read the entire document just skim through it.

Independent investigators appointed by who? If it's the Feds? The Department of Justice should be mentioned along with US attorney who called for the investigation.

The name of district court is missing?

The case number is missing?

The US attorney bringing charges against Hall is missing?

Looks like some teamsters did an internal investigation on Hall and is recommending charges to the Feds?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I'm not a hall fan but the document has lots of holes in the wording. Granted I did not read the entire document just skim through it.

Independent investigators appointed by who? If it's the Feds? The Department of Justice should be mentioned along with US attorney who called for the investigation.

The name of district court is missing?

The case number is missing?

The US attorney bringing charges against hall is missing?

Looks like some teamsters did an internal investigation on hall and is recommending charges to the Feds?
Did you read the header of the report? diGenova & Toensing

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Thanks for your kind words. As far as these charges there's nothing there. Ken will be fine. He's no bill L. He will be found innocent I can guarantee this.
So just to be clear you're not disputing the fact that there are charges? Only that he will be found innocent?

Sortisle

Every time a irb report says that some one brot reproach on the union that person goes n retires. The report said that Hal's actions were the worst they seen in 2 decade.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
So this is all over Hall failure to grant access to certain email to the independent investigation officer under advice of his legal counsel . Not that he was under investigation for doing anything wrong, besides that.?

Spongebob1

So this is all over hall failure to grant access to certain email to the independent investigation officer under advice of his legal counsel . Not that he was under investigation for doing anything wrong, besides that.?

It's more than just emails, he destroyed hundreds of documents, and obstruction of an investigation,

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Joseph E. diGenova, founding partner of the Washington, D.C. law firm of diGenova & Toensing, LLP represents individuals, corporations and other entities before the Federal courts, Congress, and U.S. cabinet departments and agencies on criminal, civil, administrative and investigative matters. In December 1992, he was appointed Independent Counsel in the Clinton Passport File Search matter. He was appointed Chairman of the Grievance Committee of the D.C. District Court in 1995 by the judges of that court. In 1997, he was named Special Counsel by the U.S. House of Representatives to probe the International Brotherhood of Teamsters. As a result of that assignment, he was appointed by the U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, to sit on the Independent Review Board, which oversees the Teamsters pursuant to a 1989 Consent Decree. He is on that Board with former FBI and CIA Director William Webster and former U.S. Attorney General Benjamin Civiletti. In 2007, Mr. diGenova was retained by the New York State Senate to investigate then-Gov. Eliot Spitzer in the Troopergate matter.

I found that interesting; never heard of the guy.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I am not a TDU guy by any means ,but where there is smoke there is fire. Ken is falling on his sword for somebody. I believe the charges are real. He may be a good guy .I have met and spoke with him on occasion but he appears to be in trouble.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
from the Teamster website:
The Independent Review Board ("IRB") is a three-member panel established by the Consent Decree to investigate and take appropriate action with respect to "any allegations of corruption," "any allegations of domination or control or influence" of any part of the Union by organized crime, and any failure to cooperate fully with the IRB.

The IRB operates under rules approved by the United States District Court in 1992. The IRB consists of three members, one designated by the Attorney General of the United States on behalf of the Government, one designated by the IBT, and a third member chosen by the Government and Union designees.

The Union designated former United States Attorney for the District of Columbia Joseph E. diGenova (now a principal at the firm of diGenova & Toensing).
This is real

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Thanks for your kind words. As far as these charges there's nothing there. Ken will be fine. He's no bill L. He will be found innocent I can guarantee this.

I hope so. Not just for you, but for the sake of the IBT. Too many corruption charges against too many officers.

Imagine what it would do to the IBT if the #2 man is convicted.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
So this is all over hall failure to grant access to certain email to the independent investigation officer under advice of his legal counsel . Not that he was under investigation for doing anything wrong, besides that.?

Two issues.

1. Failure to grant access to documents, under a court order.

2 The disappearance of emails that were known to exist.

But, no, he was not accused of doing anything wrong, besides violating a court order. Not corruption, but enough to get him banned from the IBT.

And those were not just emails. They contained documents from contract negotiations to the possible corruption of Rome A.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
under advice of his legal counsel

The United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit has already ruled on this issue. United States v. Remini, 967 friend.2d 754, 757-58 (2d. Cir. 1992)

It does not look good for H.

IV. IT IS NO DEFENSE TO HALL’S INTERFERENCE WITH THE IIO’S WORK IF HE RELIED ON ADVICE OF HIS LAWYER AGENTS TO DO SO

Hall and his agents were bound by the terms of the Final Agreement and Order. (Ex. 1 at 5) That Order enjoined Hall and his lawyers from obstructing and interfering with the IIO’s work. (Ex. 1 at 3) As shown above, there was no ambiguity in the IIO’s right to examine union records to the extent he deemed them necessary to examine. Despite that, Hall and his agents improperly blocked the IIO from doing so and refused to comply as required. Even “good faith reliance on advice of counsel” is not a defense to the “willful disobedience” of a court order.” United States v. Remini, 967 friend.2d 754, 757-58 (2d. Cir. 1992) Conspiring with counsel to improperly defy an individual’s legal obligations, as evidenced here, is certainly not a defense.

Under the Order, the IBT, its officers and agents were bound by the injunction. (Ex. 1 at 3) A lawyer is the quintessential agent. Throughout his obstruction of the IIO’s efforts, Hall was bound by the acts and words of his lawyers. E.g., Pioneer Inv. Servs. v. Brunswick Assocs., 507

U.S. 380, 396-97 (1993); United States v. International Brotherhood of Teamsters, 986 friend. 2d 15, 20-21 (2d Cir. 1993) (lawyer client relationship one of agent principal). Hall was chargeable with all facts known and notices given to his attorneys. Pioneer Inv. Servs. Co., supra, 507 U.S. at 396-397; Polanco v. NCO Portfolio Management, Inc., 132 friend. Supp. 3d 567, 584-85 (S.D.N.Y 2015). In refusing to follow his explicit unambiguous obligation under the Order and Rule to provide all documents that the IIO noticed to be examined, Hall violated the injunction prohibiting him from interfering with the work of the IIO.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
He's retired.

He retired to try and avoid being prosecuted for alleged corruption. It is not over yet. Will he still be prosecuted? I don't know. Will he not be prosecuted? I don't know.

The fact is that he was charged. He is not out of the woods yet.

Excerpt from Leading Ohio Teamster official quits; faces discipline, possible charges

The news comes after Bill Lichtenwald, president of the Ohio Conference, resigned from his various positions within the union, including president of the conference, president of Local 20 in Toledo and vice president of suburban Cleveland-based Joint Council 41.