access points?????

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
All 3 of the "2 hour window" my choice deliveries I've had in the past year have been 9-11 am. NDA already sets our day back, but these windows take it to a whole new level.

I thought about running that whole residential section early, but I know the business customers get used to their deliveries at a certain time and as a cover driver I really don't want to piss off another driver's customers . Lots of added miles.

O well, longer day, money in my pocket.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I've had 2 of those 2 hour delivery window stops, it shows up in the DIAD with a 'D' next to the address. Since when have we offered that service? Those 2 have been in the last 2 months but in my previous 4 years of driving I never had one. I was wondering if customers are able to choose which 2 hours for the window because I have a route that does two and a half hours of pickups. If they picked a window during then I wouldn't be able to service them.

What about those exchange deliveries (marked with an 'X' next to the stop in the DIAD)? I remember having a DIAD training about those about 2 years ago. Had only 2 of those. After those two I never had another. I wonder if that service was also unpopular and discontinued?

Anyhow to stay on topic, I have pretty much the same gripe about access points that others mentioned in the thread before: the customer has no say in it. In the ORION briefing they tell us that our cost is higher than our competitors because of our superior service. Then in the same breath they turn and screw the customer out of a choice of having a reattempt. What happened to that superior customer service?

I believe you may be mistaken about the D next to the address as I have had a few of these as well and they have all been for VA drugs, not the 2 hour delivery window.

Exchange is still being offered but really hasn't caught on.

Our costs are higher because of our labor costs.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I think another poster in another thread was on to something when they said Access Points were where customers were expected to FETCH their packages.
But id rather "fetch" my package from somewhere nearby my house rather than a ups center an hours drive away.

Wih amazon lockers and things of that sort I think this service is a good one.

But as said previously, leaving the customer out of the decision to reroute the pkg is not a good idea.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I've had 2 of those 2 hour delivery window stops, it shows up in the DIAD with a 'D' next to the address. Since when have we offered that service? Those 2 have been in the last 2 months but in my previous 4 years of driving I never had one. I was wondering if customers are able to choose which 2 hours for the window because I have a route that does two and a half hours of pickups. If they picked a window during then I wouldn't be able to service them.

What about those exchange deliveries (marked with an 'X' next to the stop in the DIAD)? I remember having a DIAD training about those about 2 years ago. Had only 2 of those. After those two I never had another. I wonder if that service was also unpopular and discontinued?

Anyhow to stay on topic, I have pretty much the same gripe about access points that others mentioned in the thread before: the customer has no say in it. In the ORION briefing they tell us that our cost is higher than our competitors because of our superior service. Then in the same breath they turn and screw the customer out of a choice of having a reattempt. What happened to that superior customer service?
The D means Direct delivery, no indirects allowed.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
Folks have approached me that are unhappy that they pay for delivery to their house, but they have to drive to another destination to get their item.
I give them the 800# to express their unhappiness with this issue.
The consignee doesn't pay for delivery to their house. The shipper pays, and who knows what they and UPS agreed to regarding delivery attempts. I suppose that if a shipper wanted to require three delivery attempts we'd give them a price and program the DIAD accordingly if they agreed.

Consignees can always sign up for MyChoice and reroute their shipments to a more convient address if they're not going to be home.

clean hairy

The consignee doesn't pay for delivery to their house. The shipper pays, and who knows what they and UPS agreed to regarding delivery attempts. I suppose that if a shipper wanted to require three delivery attempts we'd give them a price and program the DIAD accordingly if they agreed.

Consignees can always sign up for MyChoice and reroute their shipments to a more convient address if they're not going to be home.
True, though the consignee does not understand it as we do.
They do not know the inner workings as we do, so i guess they see they should get 3 attempts.

barnyard

KTM rider

I had my 1st this past summer and there is a guy on a route in my building that has them regularly.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Hmm, maybe it was another letter next to the address then. I know it was some letter, lol. Anyhow, I've had it twice and on both it gave me a 20 minute warning similar to when it hits 10:10am and you still have NDA left to deliver. I'm guessing that missing the commit time on one of those is about equal to missing a NDA or On Call pickup?

Eddie B

I'm a disabled person. I have spent a lot of time trying to get a UPS cust svc rep to help me with any options for people who can't get to Access Points. They've basically told me (I've spoken to 5 or 6 reps) that UPS has no policy or provision for people with disabilities. One rep told me I can request that none of my packages be left at an Access Point on the My Choice site, but I've found no such option is available there. I get it. It's not cost effective for UPS to make considerations for disabled people. I've spent a lot of energy looking into this before coming to this conclusion. I'm hoping that someone here can tell me something I've missed. If you can, please don't make a general statement but instead provide clear details on how to address this problem. Thanks.

I'm a disabled person. I have spent a lot of time trying to get a UPS cust svc rep to help me with any options for people who can't get to Access Points. They've basically told me (I've spoken to 5 or 6 reps) that UPS has no policy or provision for people with disabilities. One rep told me I can request that none of my packages be left at an Access Point on the My Choice site, but I've found no such option is available there. I get it. It's not cost effective for UPS to make considerations for disabled people. I've spent a lot of energy looking into this before coming to this conclusion. I'm hoping that someone here can tell me something I've missed. If you can, please don't make a general statement but instead provide clear details on how to address this problem. Thanks.
Ask @barnyard

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If you're willing to let ups waive all responsibility just let them leave everything at your address.

Eddie B

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/access-points.366486/page-5#ixzz3z8RVl1IR

Eddie B

According to the cust svc reps I spoke to, my understanding is that since I live in an apt building, even with a Shipper Release Auth, if the driver can't get into my building, they won't try a second attempt to redeliver but will instead bring the package to an Access Point.
BTW - Upstate NYUPSer, being disabled doesn't mean that I'm completely home bound. I can get to places where there aren't not being able to park close to a location and having to get to it from my van issues. There are no "cookie cutter" disabilities. For some, it's not just a legs thing. I didn't think I'd have to explain all this in addition to the package delivery issue.