Access Points

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Access points and the new label technology that will replace asd labels are good ideas if the customer wants and requests them. Access point should be an option not a demand after 1 attempt. If the customer wants to send it to AP then it should be their choice not ups automatically shoving on them. That's how you alienate your customers real quick.

ManInBrown

Access points and the new label technology that will replace asd labels are good ideas if the customer wants and requests them. Access point should be an option not a demand after 1 attempt. If the customer wants to send it to AP then it should be their choice not ups automatically shoving on them. That's how you alienate your customers real quick.
Yup. I have one particular customer on my route who claims she never got a package that she is 100% lying about. My route is in a very upscale area. I've been on my route for years and it's the one and only DFU I've ever had, other than cover drivers doing my route when on vacation. She got real nasty with me the day after this delivery went "missing". And this is a QVC queen who gets deliveries EVERY SINGLE day. First package that ever went "missing". 100s and 100s of deliveries.

She is now no DR for every single package she gets. I make her sign for EVERYTHING. She was never changed to no DR in the system, even though I asked for it. I made her no DR on my own. I don't feel safe leaving her packages anymore. She's home 99% of the time to sign. There was a day last week that she wasn't. It brought such joy to me to reroute her package to the UPS store that's a good 15 minutes from her house. LOL. I hope she has fun driving to pick it up. It made the rest of my day so enjoyable.

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Many of the errors that I saw were easily correctable by the driver at the time of pickup. Missing weight, not checking the "residential" box, missing account numbers, not choosing a billing option, incomplete addresses, etc.

How can you definitively correct any of these "perceived" errors, at any of your "5 drop boxes or the UPS Store", when the customer isn't there to verify your assumption?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The major hubs are starting to become automated to where they aren't needed. Dimension scanned and weighed automatically.

Thanks for that confirmation. :biggrin:

Section 4. Technological Change

1. Technological change shall be defined as any significant change in equipment or materials which results in a significant change in the work of the bargaining unit or diminishes the number of workers in the bargaining unit.

2. The Employer and the Union agree to establish a National Teamster/UPS Committee for Technological Change, consisting of an equal number of representatives from the Union and UPS. The Committee shall meet in conjunction with the National Grievance Panel as necessary to review any planned technological changes covered by this Section.

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

-Bug-

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How can you definitively correct any of these "perceived" errors, at any of your "5 drop boxes or the UPS Store", when the customer isn't there to verify your assumption?

Most of the errors are missing weights. I am fairly accurate (within +/- 2 lbs) when I "hand weigh" a package.

ASD's and other hand written shipping documents are part of our closed loop billing system.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Thanks for that confirmation. :biggrin:

Section 4. Technological Change

1. Technological change shall be defined as any significant change in equipment or materials which results in a significant change in the work of the bargaining unit or diminishes the number of workers in the bargaining unit.

2. The Employer and the Union agree to establish a National Teamster/UPS Committee for Technological Change, consisting of an equal number of representatives from the Union and UPS. The Committee shall meet in conjunction with the National Grievance Panel as necessary to review any planned technological changes covered by this Section.

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

-Bug-
You're a special kind of weird

10 point

Most of the errors are missing weights. I am fairly accurate (within +/- 2 lbs) when I "hand weigh" a package.

ASD's and other hand written shipping documents are part of our closed loop billing system.
The electric and gas companies should try to be Fairly accurate with your bills too.
Smacks of fraud.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The electric and gas companies should try to be Fairly accurate with your bills too.
Smacks of fraud.

Fraud would be the company out of NYC that sends out ethnic food to Asians-----every single package that they send out weighs 3 lbs----the last one that I delivered was closer to 30.

Fraud would be the consignee who makes copies of their RS labels to use on multiple packages.

Fraud would be the shipper who processes one package and tapes a second one to it.

Fraud would be the consignee who calls in an on call for a TV which they valued at $500. They put their foot through the screen and then tried to file a damage claim. (True story from my center)

Fraud would be.......

I think you get the idea.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Fraud would be the company out of NYC that sends out ethnic food to Asians-----every single package that they send out weighs 3 lbs----the last one that I delivered was closer to 30.

Fraud would be the consignee who makes copies of their RS labels to use on multiple packages.

Fraud would be the shipper who processes one package and tapes a second one to it.

Fraud would be the consignee who calls in an on call for a TV which they valued at $500. They put their foot through the screen and then tried to file a damage claim. (True story from my center)

Fraud would be.......

Fraud would be you asking a woman out on a date. :wink-very:

10 point

Fraud would be.......

Fraud would be you taking the liberty to put an erroneous weight on a customer's package by guessing. Evidently you justify what you do as always being correct when in actuality your assumptions are incorrect.
If you went to the deli and bought 3 pounds of turkey but the butcher took a guess at the weight an overcharged you a pound or two that would be okay? Same logic. Maybe you get the real idea here. If it was your money you would want it weighed.