Access Points

10 point

Nope. I blame lazy drivers.

I have 5 drop boxes and a UPS Store. I am always correcting ASD's.
Pardon me Einstein for stepping on your robe but it is most assuredly the freaking shipper that has liability in filling out the ASD or SDG label NOT the "lazy" drivers.

You are the most divisive and arrogant person on this forum (5habits a close second). Go into management tomorrow so innocent hourlies can at least file a grievance on your mouth.

Unbelievable.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Pardon me Einstein for stepping on your robe but it is most assuredly the freaking shipper that has liability in filling out the ASD or SDG label NOT the "lazy" drivers.

You are the most divisive and arrogant person on this forum (5habits a close second). Go into management tomorrow so innocent hourlies can at least file a grievance on your mouth.

Unbelievable.

Many of the errors that I saw were easily correctable by the driver at the time of pickup. Missing weight, not checking the "residential" box, missing account numbers, not choosing a billing option, incomplete addresses, etc.

One of the biggest problems I have with picking up ASD's from the UPS Store are for international shipments, using an ASD when they should be using a waybill.

10 point

Many of the errors that I saw were easily correctable by the driver at the time of pickup. Missing weight, not checking the "residential" box, missing account numbers, not choosing a billing option, incomplete addresses, etc.

One of the biggest problems I have with picking up ASD's from the UPS Store are for international shipments, using an ASD when they should be using a waybill.
Guess what happens when the shipper gets their bill?
Yep. Missing weight/info, incorrect information listed=s +$10 on top of shipping charge. Got a digital scale in your truck?

They'll figure it out when they see THEIR error.
BTW: when the driver guesses at the weight...ltr excluded...it becomes a driver fraud issue if it's over what the actual weight is.
I used to pick up ltr boxes that had huge volume and many info mistakes. The same offices that I actually kept their info and called them the next day about additional charges being added for missing info (and tried to save a frustrated customer) chronically kept on shipping with deficient info on their ASDs.

I said screw it. "Lazy drivers"... not really Dave.
Lazy customers is the real issue and my liability is to the company who pays my every minute on the clock. That's an honest driver's attitude not a lazy one.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I had a lady give me an ASD one day. No account number no billing method marked. I'm like who is paying for this?

She says I don't know. I told her some method of payment had to be marked before I could take it. She starts screaming at me the regular guy just takes it. Just do your job blah blah blah.

I ended just leaving without the package.

10 point

I had a lady give me an ASD one day. No account number no billing method marked. I'm like who is paying for this?

She says I don't know. I told her some method of payment had to be marked before I could take it. She starts screaming at me the regular guy just takes it. Just do your job blah blah blah.

I ended just leaving without the package.
Nope. Tell them to get it right or I can't take it.
We will bill the receiver if there's no return address or shipper info.
The receiver takes it from there if they don't agree.

ManInBrown

Stealing hour from union clerks and drivers. Pay little Mary or Bobby minimum wage at Bob's Fish, Golf and Gas. Really?
All my Access Point packages are Next Day. As most routes are in my center that I am aware of. The only ones I know of in my center that are same day, are drivers with UPS stores on there route. So the clerk loses no money. Has to reroute the work. I maybe have 3 a week.

SurePost is much worse IMO. I want that work back