Accountability

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I was asked to be on a sales lead committee, and once again, I found myself almost saying yes. Because I have ideas, I have a sense of how to help people, and I do when I can, help people get served the way they need to.
But then I said no. I have too many air, Im told to sheet as ec when there was no reason other than too much air. So instead of management doing what they can to service the customer, the customer gets screwed. Yet I deliver one late any other time, no excuse will do. So when its on their back, there is a way out, when its on mine, its my fault.
I dont mean to be doom and gloom, but If it quacks like a duck.....................
I waste time doing busy work things, they say increases safety. All it does is increase time. Im on a dead end street and I have to get out the passenger door and cross behind the back of the truck, so I dont get hit? Please, Im not five.
There are many many good safety things I have learned at UPS, that I can say keep me safe, but some of it is so dumb. But they pay me to do them, one hour at a time.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I ask again, from the sup and management posters. What happens when you refuse to work as instructed while on TAW?

Come on guys, you know the answer.

Integrity, since you have such a vast library of information, you want to take a crack at it.

After all, the answer does have bearing on the conversation.

d

Integrity

Binge Poster
I ask again, from the sup and management posters. What happens when you refuse to work as instructed while on TAW?

Come on guys, you know the answer.

Integrity, since you have such a vast library of information, you want to take a crack at it.

After all, the answer does have bearing on the conversation.

d
dannyboy,

I do not have a vast library of information.

The answer to your question probably varies.

I don't mean to be coy but what do you think happens when an employee refuses to work as instructed while on TAW?

I respect your point of view. I am very interested in what you think happens?

I am truly sorry I couldn't give a better response.

Sincerely,
I

In my building, depending on the severity of the injury, we would most likely have that person either SPA, tape-ups, and/or work in smalls sort. Obviously if the person refused to work as instructed, we would get a shop steward involved until some sort of agreement was made.

menotyou

bella amicizia
In my building, depending on the severity of the injury, we would most likely have that person either SPA, tape-ups, and/or work in smalls sort. Obviously if the person refused to work as instructed, we would get a shop steward involved until some sort of agreement was made.

Every building is different, unfortunately. It would be nice if all managers had morals, but, as I just found out, they do not. My manager would look my mother in the face while stabbing her in the back, I believe.
Sometimes I think it would be better to just walk away.

Serve

Personally, I often turn the accountability issue to my advantage.

It's a double edged sword, and you can cut the person wielding it very easily. When I call in to mark off and some goof ball answers the phone and doesn't take down my information, and the next day my boss is furious, I say "It's all about accountability, where is the guy who took down my information?"

When damages/irregs come across the belt to the sort isle and I stop to tape them up or send them back and my boss comes around flipping out, I say "It's all about accountability, shouldn't have sent them over."

In general management in my hub make poor decisions. Its not hard to hold them accountable.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I don't mean to be coy but what do you think happens when an employee refuses to work as instructed while on TAW?

I respect your point of view. I am very interested in what you think happens?
Integ, We have been through what happens when a driver on TAW is told what to do and refuses at our center.

But the total lack of responses from other management makes me think it is nation wide?

d

menotyou

bella amicizia
Integ, We have been through what happens when a driver on TAW is told what to do and refuses at our center.

But the total lack of responses from other management makes me think it is nation wide?

d

As the one who posted the original question, I am positive its nationwide. There might be a few exceptions, but as a rule of thumb, I believe it is systemic.
Ego and power are the main root causes. Supervisors who have absolutely no life and live and die by their need to make people more miserable than they are is another problem. If you are not one of these supervisors, then you shouldn't have a problem with that statement. I have two supervisors(out of 4) that have the "no life" problem. I could go on about my building all day. That is why I have such an attitude about management. I haven't seen but one honorable supervisor and he refuses to work out of our building. Not because of the union/hourly employees, either.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Its been three weeks without a response from our management posters.

Again to refresh your memory the question was

What happens when an injured employee on workers comp refuses to work as instructed by management, in this case the center manager?

Waiting.......

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Alright, since our management posters dont have an idea, or the gumption to post the answer, I will.

When you refuse to work as instructed on TAW, you put in jeopardy the right to collect workers comp. If you refuse TAW, you also threaten it. From past cases here, they can actually stop paying comp completely, if you refuse TAW or refuse to work as instructed while on TAW.

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Oh dear Hoax, I believe you need a second cup of coffee. I dont believe I demanded anything, just challenged them to post the answer. I see that this subject is not of interest to you, so why post at all?

And who said noone gets paid to post on BC. I am on the clock many times when I post. Cleared it with the boss so to speak.

Best

d

Oh dear Hoax, I believe you need a second cup of coffee. I dont believe I demanded anything, just challenged them to post the answer. I see that this subject is not of interest to you, so why post at all?

And who said noone gets paid to post on BC. I am on the clock many times when I post. Cleared it with the boss so to speak.

Best

d
Tieguy gets paid while he is posting too.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Best

d

OK ... maybe "demand" is not exactly what you were doing. Looks like you are taking lessons from tie because he recognized it and described it for exactly what it was ... baiting.

I should have said I don't respond to taunters who say "I double-dog dare you" ... I'll try and do better.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Hoax,
lessons from tie because he recognized it and described it for exactly what it was ... baiting.

Maybe I missed this quote. But for the life of me, in all the valuable posts he made to this thread, I can not find him posting that he recognized it as baiting......

But that is neither here nor there. I really had no intent to bait, demand, coerce anything from anyone. I was trying to get a member of management to post the answer, instead of making me post the answer. Thats all.

But then again, if the truth is too painful or embarrassing for you or other management members to post, or there is an attempt to hide information, I dont have a problem making the post.

Best

d