Adverse Weather Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate1102

Almost all of My Packages come UPS, and normally come in the time estimated. The only exception being weather delays. This pat Friday I had a few packages coming UPS and They all reached the Destination Facility. One reached at 7am, One Reached at 8am,, and the Other at 10am, The Packages that Reached The Destination Facility at 7am and 10am were delivered to me on Friday but the one that reached at 8am was marked with "Adverse Weather Conditions cause delay". Im confused simply because They all arrived to the destination facility nearby but the one that arrived 2 out of 3 was the only affected by this weather delay and did not come like the rest did.

upschuck

I am surprised the one that arrived at 10am was delivered the same day. I'm sure the one at 8 am was the one you really needed too, the others not so much.

Nate1102

Roads were fine in the area, they all made it to the same Final Destination hub nearby, and were all scheduled to arrive that day up until about 4pm, The UPS Driver dropped my other packages at about 1Pm, at about 4 the missing package switched to a weather delat

jaker

trolling
Your pkg got to hub after the drivers left so there was no way to get it to you

You got to remember there is more then just your pkg on a truck , but man would it be nice if we only had one stop a day

jaker

trolling
Are we the only people who help people with their problems with a company when we are not at work

And why do people think we have more power then any other low level employee

So if I have a problem with target I go onto the employees website and ask them to fix my problem

Nate1102

You got to remember there is more then just your pkg on a truck , but man would it be nice if we only had one stop a day
It got their before one of the other packages that were actually delivered to me that day.

Nate1102

It got their before one of the other packages that were actually delivered to me that day.

bumped

Your 8am may have been ground which that trailer wasn't unloaded. Your 10am shipment may have been late air that was brought out to the drivers to be delivered(I had a late air shuttle Friday).

jaker

trolling
I understand that but that pkg could have been left in a trailer for the next day and your other one came in on a Wally

You also didnt say if these was ground pkgs or air , because that would also make a difference

Nate1102

I understand that but that pkg could have been left in a trailer for the next day and your other one came in on a Wally

You also didnt say if these was ground pkgs or air , because that would also make a difference
Oh Yes They were UPS Next Day Air Saver Packages, and The Package that arrived at 7am and the package that arrived at 10am both arrived at the same time from the same truck I just missed the driver by a minute, or I would have asked him if by any chance he had it. Could it be that the driver just missed the package when he made my delivery and UPS Made up an excuse for it? I could understand the driver missing it as it was a flat document sized parcel.

jaker

trolling
Oh Yes They were UPS Next Day Air Saver Packages, and The Package that arrived at 7am and the package that arrived at 10am both arrived at the same time from the same truck I just missed the driver by a minute, or I would have asked him if by any chance he had it. Could it be that the driver just missed the package when he made my delivery and UPS Made up an excuse for it? I could understand the driver missing it as it was a flat document sized parcel.
No we get fired for smoking pkgs and if he did we don't have the option to use that delay only management can use that

So more them likely your pkg got missed at the hub and management use that delay

Nate1102

No we get fired for smoking pkgs and if he did we don't have the option to use that delay only management can use that

So more them likely your pkg got missed at the hub and management use that delay
Oh Ok, I really hope I actually do get it, there still is no estimated delivery date.

laffter

UPS often falsely uses "weather conditions" as a reason to nullify any refund you might be owed as a result of a delay. As mentioned above, the trailer containing your package did not arrive to the facility in time to be processed.

A

anonymous6

ive used adverse weather delay not only for blizzard conditions but for dense fog and black ice. fwiw.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
UPS often falsely uses "weather conditions" as a reason to nullify any refund you might be owed as a result of a delay. As mentioned above, the trailer containing your package did not arrive to the facility in time to be processed.
Which could have been delayed by weather conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.