advice ,, please

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Ahmed, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Ahmed

Ahmed New Member

what is your prescription and you advice to become a driver i am a pt sorter please answer with all you know and your plan thanks god bless all off you guys

2. BigBeef42

BigBeef42 Active Member

Saturday Air and Utility driving

Sent using Ink and Canvas

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

Find out where they post bid lists in your hub. When one is posted which you like what it says, you scribble your name and then wait for the call

4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

To answer with all I know would require days of work and much more bandwidth than this forum allows.

5. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

6. What'dyabringmetoday???

What'dyabringmetoday??? Well-Known Member

I was ready to tell you to pm The Great UpstateNYUPSer, but quickly realized he has already spoken. Odd.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. jaker

jaker trolling

Time that's it , just wait until your time

8. OPTION3

OPTION3 Well-Known Member

all that is correct would take FAR less

9. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

Good advice to become a driver !!
    1 show up every day on time
    2 stay away from the clowns
    3 keep your mouth shut
    4 do exactly as they tell you ( unless its unsafe to do so )
    5 stay away from drinking and driving
    6 Drugs ?? NO way
    7 follow all methods
    8 don't go out and tattoo your arms neck or legs
    9 keep a clean cut look about your self
    10 pull your pants up
    appearance and customer perceived image means the world to this company, yes we go by seniority to move up, but they will DQ several senior guys, to get to the right one !!! Unwritten rule, but believe me they get to the ones they want !!
    stay positive !!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  10. Only scan ,next day air packages. At the delivery location. If its late,its late.

11. ups1990

ups1990 Well-Known Member

I would sign up to be a Xmas helper. Your driver will probably be given a board for you to record at least 20 stops. This will help you familiarize with the DIAD, although it'll more than likely be an older model. The biggest benefit here for you is the first hand knowledge of what it takes to be a UPS driver. Everywhere we go people always say, "I want to be a UPS driver"! But they have no idea mentally or physically what the job entails, as some centers have experienced with off the street hires quitting or getting fired shortly after being hired. You'll get the valuable experience of what is awaiting for you if you decide to take this mission.

12. Ahmed

Ahmed New Member

say something please ... thanks

13. Becareful what you ask for!.jmho

14. Ahmed

Ahmed New Member

thank you my problem i made the drive test and the physical and i ok to go for cover driver put just for the peak season and after that u be on call i can give up my full time job to be on call .. i work so hard for my family a ft job at afternoon then pt at ups am and i really want to know how i can be a driver

15. Thats a tough call.

16. Ahmed

Ahmed New Member

what is your advice from a pt handler AM to become a driver ... and put in your mind i cant give up my full time job for be on call

17. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Does it hurt to pat yourself on the back with your head jammed so far up your.....oh wait, nevermind.

18. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Chances are...if you go driving now. you will end up back on the preload come January....without your FT job that you quit to go driving for peak. If you have a family...I wouldn't do it now....but what do I know? I'm just a PTer lol

19. Ahmed

Ahmed New Member

thank you .. that what i will do buz i cant give up my full time job for seasonal driver just for 3 month then be on call .. tell me please more and more .. they will send me to school next week ,, thank you

20. Its one thing when you are single,Its another when you have a family.

Its feast or phamon,when you start driving.