After my 2nd day of preloading I..really need tips.

W

What The Hawk?

I really want to get better. I wasn't thinkin it would be that vigorous but damn do I feel it.

I feel confused though because different sups are telling me different things. One tells me to do it a certain way and another says "driver's are pompous :censored2:s, they get paid 50 :censored2:ing bucks an hour. Just toss the box on the right shelf."

I want to be the preloader driver's WANT. One driver is nice to me the other was a dickheadJudyuu. But oh well.

Just looking for advice I guess.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I really want to get better. I wasn't thinkin it would be that vigorous but damn do I feel it.

I feel confused though because different sups are telling me different things. One tells me to do it a certain way and another says "driver's are pompous :censored2:s, they get paid 50 :censored2:ing bucks an hour. Just toss the box on the right shelf."

I want to be the preloader driver's WANT. One driver is nice to me the other was a dickheadJudyuu. But oh well.

Not so easy is it, Taco boy? lol
You need to focus on getting the right packages in the right trucks and on the proper shelves with the shipping labels facing up, out (facing you) or towards the bulkhead door. Load overweights on the floor...nearly under the shelf if possible (keeping a clear path for you to walk inside the truck while you load) when shipping labels facing up or out.

Keep up with the flow....don't run but don't be the butt hole that other loaders need to bail out everyday cause you don't keep up.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

Just like anything else, you will get better with time. The soreness will also go away...eventually.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
belt to car? boxline? Much depends upon your setup.

Belt to car, it's no secret, you must be fast and work ahead of the flow. And hope you have at least one good belt sorter up front, if you are not in the front of the belt.

Boxline, it's a different animal. You must balance the cages and never pull smalls. Just pull and load the larger boxes 100% of the time and it will all filter out. Many people try to load smalls when their cages are jammed and wonder why they don't empty.

and on and on...but no point without getting into your setup..

dudebro

The guy who said toss the box on the right shelf is a jagoff. Do your best not to listen to that guy. Load with the driver in mind, stop for stop, using the proper methods.

W

What The Hawk?

Not so easy is it, Taco boy? lol
You need to focus on getting the right packages in the right trucks and on the proper shelves with the shipping labels facing up, out (facing you) or towards the bulkhead door. Load overweights on the floor...nearly under the shelf if possible (keeping a clear path for you to walk inside the truck while you load) when shipping labels facing up or out.

Keep up with the flow....don't run but don't be the butt hole that other loaders need to bail out everyday cause you don't keep up.
Im a taco lady actually. Lol

snarts

What really helped me was not using the crayon at all. I save a ton of time by just simply glancing at the label and making sure the city/town is correct and placing it in the correct shelf. Since I'm on a boxline I am able to keep my cages relatively empty and when ever I see a empty one coming I use the time to organize the shelves and check to see if I have any off routes. My misloads have never been in the red since I did away with the crayon.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What really helped me was not using the crayon at all. I save a ton of time by just simply glancing at the label and making sure the city/town is correct and placing it in the correct shelf. Since I'm on a boxline I am able to keep my cages relatively empty and when ever I see a empty one coming I use the time to organize the shelves and check to see if I have any off routes. My misloads have never been in the red since I did away with the crayon.

As a driver I can tell you that using the crayon or pulling the PAL are a waste of time.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....

If you get it on the proper shelf, with no misloads, Rockstar!

snarts

For the last MF time, that is not done for you. It helps the loader establish his placement of every remaining pkg.
Well it obviously doesn't work because whenever we have a new trainee on the line the drivers always complain about having the packages on incorrect shelves.

As a driver I can tell you that using the crayon or pulling the PAL are a waste of time.

That is exactly what the drivers on my set told me.

MendozaJ

Check the load charts for drops. Create a plan. You'll eventually learn that 60 pieces for the 2000 shelf won't actually fit on the 2000 shelf. Keep the drops together, with bulky drops closer to the rear. Doesn't matter if you put a 1000 drop in RDR. If it's 20 boxes of copy paper, to the rear it goes. 40 boxes of textbooks, to the rear. Both sides. Once the driver gets those drops off, he can work with the space.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Check the load charts for drops. Create a plan. You'll eventually learn that 60 pieces for the 2000 shelf won't actually fit on the 2000 shelf. Keep the drops together, with bulky drops closer to the rear. Doesn't matter if you put a 1000 drop in RDR. If it's 20 boxes of copy paper, to the rear it goes. 40 boxes of textbooks, to the rear. Both sides. Once the driver gets those drops off, he can work with the space.

This sumbeech actually gets it!

Well done sir.