Amazon "Express"

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
"Anyone" can't do well, and capitalism requires an underclass to make it work, If everyone was a successful entrepreneur/business owner, who would do the work at lower pay so there was a profit? A basic fallacy about capitalism. Please see "free market" for further enlightenment.

Economic illiterates like you can never grasp the fact that as those in the lower paying jobs acquire skills and experience, they move up into better paying jobs. As for the enlightenment I've got an undergrad degree in economics and half of my graduate work in the same field. I don't think I'll need your help.

vantexan

OK, I think you're nuts and spend too much time contemplating crazy stuff that doesn't matter.
Yes, all that matters is we make money, right? I've known plenty of mgr's over the years who were good at their job, but when you get to talking to them you realize most don't know much about anything else. Yet many of them have this arrogant attitude that they are superior to any courier in all respects because they have a higher paid position with a little authority. If we had anything on the ball we wouldn't be couriers, right? Some actually acted shocked if I talked about something they weren't familiar with. I see that in many of your posts Dano. It's their arrogance and contempt for their employees that makes it easy for them to justify lying to us. I've been in enough locations dealing with enough mgr's to realize it's systemic in our corporate culture. Taking advantage of 10's of thousands of people to enrich yourselves means there's something very rotten at the core and all the propaganda, cute commercials, supporting United Way, etc won't change the fact that our mgmt team is greedy, arrogant, and corrupt. So spout on, shillmeister!

vantexan

Economic illiterates like you can never grasp the fact that as those in the lower paying jobs acquire skills and experience, they move up into better paying jobs. As for the enlightenment I've got an undergrad degree in economics and half of my graduate work in the same field. I don't think I'll need your help.
Please enlighten us about upward mobility at FedEx! What, we only want decent raises rather than get into mgmt and screw over our fellow man?

59 Dano

Yes, all that matters is we make money, right? I've known plenty of mgr's over the years who were good at their job, but when you get to talking to them you realize most don't know much about anything else. Yet many of them have this arrogant attitude that they are superior to any courier in all respects because they have a higher paid position with a little authority. If we had anything on the ball we wouldn't be couriers, right? Some actually acted shocked if I talked about something they weren't familiar with. I see that in many of your posts Dano. It's their arrogance and contempt for their employees that makes it easy for them to justify lying to us. I've been in enough locations dealing with enough mgr's to realize it's systemic in our corporate culture. Taking advantage of 10's of thousands of people to enrich yourselves means there's something very rotten at the core and all the propaganda, cute commercials, supporting United Way, etc won't change the fact that our mgmt team is greedy, arrogant, and corrupt. So spout on, shillmeister!

I wish you had half the wisdom you think you have.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
That really comes in handy for landing a job in the shill industry.

dmac1

Reality illiterates like you don't understand that you can't move everyone to the top. There are not 10 better jobs for all the guys in the warehouse when the manager position opens due to retirement. There is only room for one to advance. Are you so slow that you really think we can have 10 managers for every worker??? Or that we need 5 million more food trucks just because a few do well at it???? Do you believe that if everyone had a degree in economics, we would have great paying jobs for all of them? When you find the planet where everyone can be part of the top, please tell us how it works.

If 50 million Americans become skilled at their jobs, do you suggest bringing in 50 million from somewhere to replace them when they 'advance' in their careers???

dmac1

SIGH. You can take what you learn at one company and put it to use somewhere else.
Do you really think that there are great paying jobs for everyone???????? Not every company just hires people because they are qualified. They have to have a need for those people. Someone with a degree in economics should have at least a minimal grasp on the idea of supply and demand.

59 Dano

Still smarting over the annuity debacle I see. :)

The only thing I remember about talking with you about annuities is that you attempted, as you normally do, to talk beyond your comprehension of the subject and succeeded, as you normally do, in looking like the figurative kitten tied up in a ball of string.

And surprise surprise, your financial intellect is so strong that you practically bankrupted yourself. Yes, I'm terribly smarting over whatever you've conned yourself into thinking about annuities. Terribly.

59 Dano

Reality illiterates like you don't understand that you can't move everyone to the top.

I never suggested anything of the sort, did I?

If 50 million Americans become skilled at their jobs, do you suggest bringing in 50 million from somewhere to replace them when they 'advance' in their careers???

No, I don't suggest that. Why don't you try using some sense and thinking a little bit deeper than you've been thinking?

vantexan

The only thing I remember about talking with you about annuities is that you attempted, as you normally do, to talk beyond your comprehension of the subject and succeeded, as you normally do, in looking like the figurative kitten tied up in a ball of string.

And surprise surprise, your financial intellect is so strong that you practically bankrupted yourself. Yes, I'm terribly smarting over whatever you've conned yourself into thinking about annuities. Terribly.
I see you're into revisionist history. :)