Amazon Impact on UPS

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Its amazing the lengths UPS will go to place the blame on the consumer or shipper. Despite its clear mishandling of PEAK overall, it still wants the knuckleheads out there to blame the customers.

Maybe its time for UPS to invest on its infrastructure? Buildings are too small for todays trucks, package cars and trailers. Buildings that were designed to handle 28 foot long trailers are now housing 53 foot long trailers that dont fit.

Reducing the number of package cars on the road delays all shipments and angers customers. Having drivers knocking on door after 8pm should be an embarrassment for UPS but in todays scheme of things, UPS calls that a success story.

The rails can only handle so many trailers at one time, and the need for sleeper runs in a busy economy has to be a must. Pretending to be able to do more with less is the product of IE personnel who dont understand the business.

No matter what the excuse, this peak was forecasted by the drivers to be extremely busy, and yet the company pencil pushers used thier powers of SWAG to make ill fated decisions.

Its this SWAG that cost this company its reputation this peak and nothing more.

Stop blaming Amazon, the customer and the shippers and lay the blame squarely on the shoulders of Scott Davis for his lack of understanding of the business at large.

I pretty sure that S. Davis authorized the SWAG decisions at every level believing he would save the company money, and as Doctor Phil would say "how did that work out for ya?"

P.S. For those who are wondering... SWAG is an accronym for "SOME WILD A-S-S GUESS"

TOS.
Man I want to see a thread where you and Mrfedex go at it seeing who can prove their company is in fact the worst run.

oldngray

nowhere special
Davis seems to be full of Christmas cheer
754-1-scrooge.jpg

wayfair

swollen member
Reducing the number of package cars on the road delays all shipments and angers customers. Having drivers knocking on door after 8pm should be an embarrassment for UPS but in todays scheme of things, UPS calls that a success story.

P.S. For those who are wondering... SWAG is an accronym for "SOME WILD A-S-S GUESS"

TOS.

someone at my door after 8PM, unexpected, without knowing... gets greeted with mr .45

I wish everyone would just accept the fact that EVERYONE (including the customers) failed and figure out how to avoid it again and move on.
I didn't fail and I won't admit that. I busted my ass more than ever and so did all my guys plus our management team. Corporate wouldn't give us the tools to succeed. This IMHO isn't the operations problem it goes straight to the top. Time to clean house. Scott Davis has run his course. Time to Change.

Overpaid Union Thug

I didn't fail and I won't admit that. I busted my ass more than ever and so did all my guys plus our management team. Corporate wouldn't give us the tools to succeed. This IMHO isn't the operations problem it goes straight to the top. Time to clean house. Scott Davis has run his course. Time to Change.

Scroll up and read. I didn't say you failed.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Be careful what you wish for. I thought the same thing about our dispatcher. Somehow every new one we get is worse than the one before.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Have you ever noticed wkmac's avatar?
It may be relevant in this situation:
"The system was never broken, it was built this way."

Hopefully, people at the top will perceive the current staffing and capacity is inadequate and will make investments in those areas.

Have you ever noticed wkmac's avatar?
It may be relevant in this situation:
"The system was never broken, it was built this way."

Hopefully, people at the top will perceive the current staffing and capacity is inadequate and will make investments in those areas.
I doubt it. We made so much money this quarter and this year that they don't care.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
I'm a habitual late shopper as I never know what to get anyone. This year I ordered everthing online from Amazon or Costco and everything got there on time including other stuff I really didn't need by Christmas. My only disappointment was the gift basket I wanted to send my in-laws from Costco was out of stock so I had to settle for a similar one that wasn't as good of a value.

I blame any failures on the bean counters from head bean counter Scott Davis on down. We need to tar and feather the bean counters.

FilingBluesFL

I bet the same people that are complaining they didn't get their crap on time, are the same ones that wait until half-time at a football game to go take a piss when they REALLY REALLY HAVE TO.

"I didn't think that EVERYONE in the stadium would wait until half-time to go to the potty, too! THERE'S OBVIOUSLY A PROBLEM WITH THE DESIGN OF THIS STADIUM!"

Sorry, but when you and everyone else in America decide to procrastinate, don't expect crap to work out on time for yourself. Idiots.