Andy the Whiteboard Commercial guy is back

Channahon

I just viewed 3 new commercials on UPSer's.com that will be aired during the NFL games today. Quite the improvement over previous commercials in my opinion, although the hair has to go. Your thoughts???

old levi's

blank space
I just viewed 3 new commercials on UPSer's.com that will be aired during the NFL games today. Quite the improvement over previous commercials in my opinion, although the hair has to go. Your thoughts???

Nobody likes Andy the Whiteboard guy and you're right about the hair.
Cut it or make ads for someone else.

pretzel_man

When they first came out, I hated them....

Then, when I would talk with friends or people I would meet, the vast majority loved the whiteboard ads.

I guess we have to understand that the ads are not for us. They are meant to have customers and potential customers remember UPS.

Based on the reaction of those people, I think the ads are working...

P-Man

rod

Retired 22 years
We hate them because they are all about the "perfect world of UPS" ----not like it really is. Andy should have someone standing over his shoulder yelling "faster-faster and get a haircut" :peaceful:

B

brown observer

I wonder if the drawing (s) are computer generated? The lines look too clean and perfect. Maybe they should "CG" his hair and make it conform to UPS standards.

over9five

Staff member
I just think to have this guy as a representative of UPS is an insult to well-groomed UPSers everywhere.

I mean, we put such an emphasis on appearance. We even have pictures posted in thousands of centers showing the proper cut of ones hair.

....and then we hire long-hair Andy as our spokesman...

Dutch Dawg

You can almost hear the ad agency presentation now. "Andy's the type of guy with creative ideas for business solutions who thinks outside of the box ( I hate that phrase so I had to ad it.). He carries with him a certain edginess that presents this to the target audience through his appearance." Oh boy.......

UPS still has a long way to go if they intend to present as well in on air commercials as Brand-X.

You can almost hear the ad agency presentation now. "Andy's the type of guy with creative ideas for business solutions who thinks outside of the box ( I hate that phrase so I had to ad it.). He carries with him a certain edginess that presents this to the target audience through his appearance." Oh boy.......

UPS still has a long way to go if they intend to present as well in on air commercials as Brand-X.

So in other words, he is everything that UPS isn't. While I was an employee, I never perceived UPS as creative, edgy, or outside the box. My perception was quite the opposite - methodical, set in their ways, conservative.

I don't think he should have long hair either; kind of insulting to the thousands of employees who are held to higher appearance standards.

A

Anonymouse Cowrod 68

That's my impression also. We hate them, our customers love em.

I don't get it.

TB

Yeah, I completely agree. Drives me nuts, but it is the only UPS commercial that my friends and family ever remembered. Usually they say "you guys have commercials?" Big improvement. Stilll not as funny as FedEx commercials, but I have had people say "oh yeah, that Andy guy who explains that delivery intercept thing..." at least people are getting a message.