Another Closed Thread

over9five

Staff member
So what does this mean if not a ban?

The expiration makes it seem like a ban at the very least.

It means his posts will have to be read by a Moderator/Administrator before they are visible in the forum for 10 days. To my knowledge, he simply has not posted since then, but he is certainly welcome to.

Nimnim

The Nim
It means his posts will have to be read by a Moderator/Administrator before they are visible in the forum for 10 days. To my knowledge, he simply has not posted since then, but he is certainly welcome to.

Fair enough, and thanks for the explanation. Here's hoping we don't have a Free Tieguy thread or anti-Tieguy remarks popping up. :anxious:

Blizzard

LOL,

Lord knows we don't need to feed that ego.

Reading the infraction though I am a little curious. If a moderator throws himself into a discussion are we expected to take it and not respond in fear of getting banned? It does look like some of you guys who are in that job like to throw yourself into the debate. Is it a one sided debate at that point? Where do you draw the line? Looks like the comment he made was pretty lame with smiley face attached?

moreluck

golden ticket member
When you respond to a mod's comments......just stick to the issue at hand and avoid a personal attack or name calling and you'll be OK.

Blizzard

When you respond to a mod's comments......just stick to the issue at hand and avoid a personal attack or name calling and you'll be OK.

I think that answer is a no brainer. Here is what he sent me. I have not been here that long but it seems pretty tame:

Originally Posted by cheryl
Dear tieguy,

You have received an infraction at Brown Cafe - UPS info for UPSers.

Reason: disRespecting a moderator
-------
I'm done tolerating your cyber bullying. 10 days of moderated posting.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Good question. I think you were supposed to ignore Kleins comments because Hoaxster is trying to learn from Klein.:happy2:

All the best,
Brown Cafe - UPS info for UPSers

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
LOL,

Lord knows we don't need to feed that ego.

Reading the infraction though I am a little curious. If a moderator throws himself into a discussion are we expected to take it and not respond in fear of getting banned? It does look like some of you guys who are in that job like to throw yourself into the debate. Is it a one sided debate at that point? Where do you draw the line? Looks like the comment he made was pretty lame with smiley face attached?

This is one of the few posts that I will make in the role of a Moderator. I can only speak for myself as there aren't many rules for Moderators other than react to complaints from other members of BC and keep an eye out as you peruse the site in your normal manner.

I am always willing to explain my thoughts and my actions and so here it goes:

If a moderator throws himself into a discussion are we expected to take it and not respond in fear of getting banned?
I never throw myself into a discussion except as another member. If you attack me, I will probably make one reply and then "I'm out of there". I never have taken any action against another poster just because they attack me. If however, they challenge me and bring the fact that I am a Moderator and mix the two together as if the two elements are the same ... there is a good chance they will incur the "Wrath of Cheryl".

It does look like some of you guys who are in that job like to throw yourself into the debate. Is it a one sided debate at that point?
Similar to the first question; as is the answer. I as a Moderator have not and will not get into a discussion as a Moderator ... only as another member posting. If I do get into the Discussion as a Moderator it will be by altering or deleting the posts/thread and all communication will be via PM's. I will notify other Mods and Cheryl of the actions taken (if serious) via a Mod Forum (same one you use to report posts that violate the TOS - Triangle (Report Post) at the bottom).

Where do you draw the line? I think this has been answered above.

Looks like the comment he made was pretty lame with smiley face attached? It was pretty lame and the post had nothing to do with his infraction - the infraction was because of cumulative attacks against the way that Cheryl runs the site, against the way the Moderators moderate the site and one final straw that pushed Cheryl over the line - His signature which said "Who moderates the out of control moderator?" The way that anything is reported is by tagging the post and the reported signature was at the bottom of that reported post ... therefore, the confusion that the post was the reason for the "Infraction" against tieguy.

I also support Cheryl in the actions she has taken against tieguy since in the past few weeks he has tried to assume control of Brown Cafe by criticizing Cheryl and the Moderators and essentially trying to bully Cheryl in running the site based on his views and what he thinks should be allowed to be posted on the site. He normally does that through the use of the Report Post "triangle" that appears at the bottom of each post. I assume because Cheryl and the Mods were not reacting to his reports and demands that we moderate as he dictated, he decided to take it public - not good judgment on his part.

Now you have both sides of the story and can make your own mind up.

Re-Raise

I like turtles!

Strangely I almost posted this exactly a couple of days ago. I didn't know if anyone would get it or not.

It was in a thread about transferring to another center to shorten the time to go full-time and somebody made a post about how they covered a lot of different routes blind.

The first thing that came to my mind was that reporter asking that halloween kid the question and his mind going completely off point.

P

pickup

Strangely I almost posted this exactly a couple of days ago. I didn't know if anyone would get it or not.

It was in a thread about transferring to another center to shorten the time to go full-time and somebody made a post about how they covered a lot of different routes blind.

The first thing that came to my mind was that reporter asking that halloween kid the question and his mind going completely off point.

My mind is totally blank indeed and I felt I had to say something in response to tie being "in moderation queue"Hey you can't change the wording of my posts because I was factually wrong, where does that sort of editing stop? so I put that up.

Last edited by a moderator:

pemanager

This is one of the few posts that I will make in the role of a Moderator. I can only speak for myself as there aren't many rules for Moderators other than react to complaints from other members of BC and keep an eye out as you peruse the site in your normal manner.

I am always willing to explain my thoughts and my actions and so here it goes:

If a moderator throws himself into a discussion are we expected to take it and not respond in fear of getting banned?
I never throw myself into a discussion except as another member. If you attack me, I will probably make one reply and then "I'm out of there". I never have taken any action against another poster just because they attack me. If however, they challenge me and bring the fact that I am a Moderator and mix the two together as if the two elements are the same ... there is a good chance they will incur the "Wrath of Cheryl".

It does look like some of you guys who are in that job like to throw yourself into the debate. Is it a one sided debate at that point?
Similar to the first question; as is the answer. I as a Moderator have not and will not get into a discussion as a Moderator ... only as another member posting. If I do get into the Discussion as a Moderator it will be by altering or deleting the posts/thread and all communication will be via PM's. I will notify other Mods and Cheryl of the actions taken (if serious) via a Mod Forum (same one you use to report posts that violate the TOS - Triangle (Report Post) at the bottom).

Where do you draw the line? I think this has been answered above.

Looks like the comment he made was pretty lame with smiley face attached? It was pretty lame and the post had nothing to do with his infraction - the infraction was because of cumulative attacks against the way that Cheryl runs the site, against the way the Moderators moderate the site and one final straw that pushed Cheryl over the line - His signature which said "Who moderates the out of control moderator?" The way that anything is reported is by tagging the post and the reported signature was at the bottom of that reported post ... therefore, the confusion that the post was the reason for the "Infraction" against tieguy.

I also support Cheryl in the actions she has taken against tieguy since in the past few weeks he has tried to assume control of Brown Cafe by criticizing Cheryl and the Moderators and essentially trying to bully Cheryl in running the site based on his views and what he thinks should be allowed to be posted on the site. He normally does that through the use of the Report Post "triangle" that appears at the bottom of each post. I assume because Cheryl and the Mods were not reacting to his reports and demands that we moderate as he dictated, he decided to take it public - not good judgment on his part.

Now you have both sides of the story and can make your own mind up.

I may be missing PMs or something else but after reviewing Tieguy's recent posts, the only place I see where he mixes his disagreements with you with your role as moderator is on the thread Cheryl started 'Have you been persecuted or treated unfairly by the Brown Cafe?' which seems an appropriate place to state his concerns. While I don't necessarily agree with all of his positions or his tone I think that Moderators do not deserve any more, or less, respect than other members. I, personally, would like to see more reasoned and civilized debate but Tieguy is hardly the worst poster out there.

FREE TIEGUY :not_fair:

rod

Retired 22 years
I see tieguy and klein on the tops of fence posts. Who put them there?

[video=youtube;CMNry4PE93Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y[/video]

I forgot all about that turtle kid. Dang- I could have used that dozens of times over the last few years.