any layoffs yet?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by foundinload, Dec 30, 2008.

1. foundinload

foundinload Member

i'm off this week and am wondering if there'll be anyone left on the preload when i get back to work.

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

You may see quite a few new faces, faces which normally peer through a windshield, not at PAL labels.

3. New Englander

New Englander New Member

No lay offs here yet. I worked 11 today and brought 7 back missed as we were forced back to the building by 2000 if we had ground.

4. 10damon

10damon New Member

Heres a good one. Got a message at 430, the usual "what time will you be available" Then 10 mins later "need you on preload 1145 (tonite) When i replied no way was i helping they sent me "of course, you need to sleep" Im not making this up. Needless to say, i bet i wont see the road for awhile.

5. dirty moose

dirty moose Member

if you get laid off back into the building do you keep your current pay rate? and pay progression?

im 2 months from top pay, if i get pulled back into the building what happens as far as $?

6. New Englander

New Englander New Member

Contract link is on this site.

If your in progression you get your part time rate based upon what it would be(job) with your current seniority.

7. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

Volume has been higher this week than the last couple of weeks. I bet the big whigs regret sending the order down to terminate all helpers. LOL!

8. New Englander

New Englander New Member

Spend a dollar to save a nickel!

9. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Andrew Jackson or Henry Clay?

10. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

Andrew Jackson. I live pretty close to his old house.

11. HEFFERNAN

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

For me, John Adams had it right

FEDERALISTS or bust

12. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

He wasn't a Whig though...but I agree that Adams was a force and he and Jefferson set the tune that still defines the opposing political positions of today.

13. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I had to call my peak helper in and use her today. 201 stops. IE told the Center to only run 60 routes, we needed about 64. Most of the cover drivers were told yesterday to not come in, and they didn't answer the phone this morning. And a lot of them are being forced to run air tomorrow. To top the day off, a trailer with all the sendagains from yesterday was found this afternoon. A lot of drivers had to come back to the building to get them and go back out. This was a rare, really screwed up day today.

14. are we working at the same company? :wink2:

yeah same problems here, heavier than they thought, had to build routes as the shift went on etc. This happens every year the first week after peak is over....I don't know what they don't put that with their amazingly accurate historical documents over in IE. Not to mention I bet those conditions out west didn't help with other areas' volume. I know they're backed up on the package side, dunno about hub operations. Our night sort had a bigger night than they had all peak last night.....just like they did last year at the same time....funny IE/Upper Management doesn't recognize this "trend" as all us PT supes do (least at my building).

15. gded

gded New Member

Im on vacation this week. Don't miss that truck at all. After 25 years, i need a brake. To all my fellow teamsters happy new year.

16. gded

gded New Member

if winning wasn't everything than why do they keep score Yogi berra

17. brownrodster

brownrodster New Member

Zero layoffs here. I worked 10 hours today and there were less than 10 drivers in before me. Working tomorrow (new years eve). Expect 55 hours paid this week (including holiday pay).

18. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

Show me the money....

19. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

We had the same problem today, too, Scratch. Although not to the degree you did. It makes me wonder if they tell the sups to eat the same tainted Cheerios on a given morning. LOL They broke out 2 rtes here and had things so screwed up we didn't know if we were coming or going.
    My OC actually told drivers that tomorrow was an unpaid holiday. It benefitted me kinda, because one of the drivers said he couldn't afford an unpaid day so he volunteered to work tomorrow and it bumped me off the schedule.:happy-very: I like it. Of course when the driver finds out that tomorrow is paid he is probably going to whine about having to work. When I left tonite I was scheduled off. Not answering my phone in the morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. rootbeerman

rootbeerman Member

just heard a ft sup come around asking for people who were hired after September, that i ASSuME was for seasonal layoffs