Any truth to the rumor......

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by spif91, Jan 17, 2014.

1. spif91

spif91 Member

that FedX told Amazon on the 16th of Dec. that their system was full and shut them off? Besides the ice storm and other weather related conditions was just curious if this might have caused part of our problems. This was my 31st peak wearing the Brown Santa suit and hope I never see one like it again......

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

It is 100% true.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

If that's the truth we did pretty well under the circumstances.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  4. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

Did they cut them off completely, or did they just freeze the number of loads/day? I imagine the second. How could Amazon even consider dropping UPS(as mentioned in another thread), if FedEx cut them off? If anything they would cut off FedEx, but that won't happen either.

5. Nolimitz

Nolimitz Active Member

I for one would like to see proof of that. I think it is totally bogus.. We were slammed w/ amazon thru the 1st of the year.

6. MAKAVELI

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

I believe it was only for 1 or 2 days. At least that's what management told us , so as not to have a major backup of freight.

:p

7. Ouch

Ouch Well-Known Member

Where did you see or hear that upstate?

8. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

It's true Fed Ex put a limit on how many packages they would take from amazon.

9. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Upstate's correct. We were double the trailers before Tgiving and it only got heavier.

10. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

That's why we are the biggest and the best. We take on any challenge and this happens because of the hard working teamster army/force that we are.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  11. Future

Future Well-Known Member

yep!!!

12. MAKAVELI

I hate to break the news to you guys delivering more Amazon that I ever did starting before Christmas

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

My amazon volume is up quite a bit too. I still see the other carriers delivering their stuff too though

Sent from Droid 4 using Brown Cafe mobile app

14. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Our center picks up for a different catalog center and we usually gets lots of volume that the shipping dudes on the dock say is because, "FE won't take anymore." Last year, I filled up a rental a couple of times with NDA volume. Not sure if it happened this year or not.

15. djkre8r

djkre8r Member

It would have been nice if THIS was reported so that the public would have seen WHY we were backed up!

16. fiddledee

fiddledee Member

fdx does it every year. Many big shippers use fdx because they are cheaper during the year then switch us at crunch time.

17. Mr Jingles

Mr Jingles Rat out of a cage

This was the rumor going around Corporate the week before Christmas and everyone was chest thumping but now it's more like butt thumping around here. People are keeping a low profile and not saying much.

18. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Do you think the public really cares why we were backed up?

19. MAKAVELI

It was only a couple of days. Like I said, Amazon volume for us has increased.

20. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

why isn't it affecting their stock then? It is already forgotten. UPS just put out a poor pre estimate for last quarter. Buy more