Any truth to the rumor......

spif91

that FedX told Amazon on the 16th of Dec. that their system was full and shut them off? Besides the ice storm and other weather related conditions was just curious if this might have caused part of our problems. This was my 31st peak wearing the Brown Santa suit and hope I never see one like it again......

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

that FedX told Amazon on the 16th of Dec. that their system was full and shut them off? Besides the ice storm and other weather related conditions was just curious if this might have caused part of our problems. This was my 31st peak wearing the Brown Santa suit and hope I never see one like it again......

It is 100% true.

upschuck

Did they cut them off completely, or did they just freeze the number of loads/day? I imagine the second. How could Amazon even consider dropping UPS(as mentioned in another thread), if FedEx cut them off? If anything they would cut off FedEx, but that won't happen either.

MAKAVELI

I believe it was only for 1 or 2 days. At least that's what management told us , so as not to have a major backup of freight.

:p

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
My amazon volume is up quite a bit too. I still see the other carriers delivering their stuff too though

Sent from Droid 4 using Brown Cafe mobile app

barnyard

KTM rider
Our center picks up for a different catalog center and we usually gets lots of volume that the shipping dudes on the dock say is because, "FE won't take anymore." Last year, I filled up a rental a couple of times with NDA volume. Not sure if it happened this year or not.

fiddledee

fdx does it every year. Many big shippers use fdx because they are cheaper during the year then switch us at crunch time.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
This was the rumor going around Corporate the week before Christmas and everyone was chest thumping but now it's more like butt thumping around here. People are keeping a low profile and not saying much.