Anyone else seeing a HUGE increase full time jobs?

'Lord Brown's bidding'

So I found out today that not only are we on a hiring binge due to Amazon expanding a warehouse in our area, as well as opening a new one in Baltimore, which we'll get air work from, but that UPS recently signed a contract with Amazon where we took work from FedEx. It appears FedEx turning away work, which eventually crushed UPS, played a factor, as some of us figured it might.

Sent using BrownCafe App

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Been off awhile with an injury but this is pretty much a yearly occurrence. Off a couple months early in the year because of injury. Burn thru his vacation and sell a few things to make ends meet then spend the rest of the year digging out of the hole. Rinse and repeat.

Also refuses to bid art 22 or feeder jobs. Because of nights or weekends or doesn't want to drive 30 minutes to another center.

Oh yeah been off over 2 months this time and just filed for STD last week. Now he's asking to borrow money. Not the sharpest guy around.
Homeboy needs to get Aflac

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Have made it 32 years at UPS without Aflac. The money I have saved on premiums over those years would more than cover any loss of income I might lose in the next 3 years.

hnc

Nope. It's a lot more than that. Especially the METRO-Detroit AREA. Which includes one of the wealthiest counties in America.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Have made it 32 years at UPS without Aflac. The money I have saved on premiums over those years would more than cover any loss of income I might lose in the next 3 years.
Congratulation, you are one of the lucky ones who have made it through uninjured. Everybodys body is different but id rather be safe than sorry. Don't want to lose my house on a gamble that's for sure. And the fact that the job is getting harder and harder each year.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Congratulation, you are one of the lucky ones who have made it through uninjured. Everybodys body is different but id rather be safe than sorry. Don't want to lose my house on a gamble that's for sure. And the fact that the job is getting harder and harder each year.

Aflac will not keep you from losing your house----mortgage disability insurance will.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It's a scary place this company has put itself in. The more tech driven the world becomes the harder it will be to find people willing to do this job.

It's already happening. I'm hearing of centers putting up multiple FT driver bids and the only person to sign hasn't even reached part time seniority yet.

Tough Guy

It's a scary place this company has put itself in. The more tech driven the world becomes the harder it will be to find people willing to do this job.

It's already happening. I'm hearing of centers putting up multiple FT driver bids and the only person to sign hasn't even reached part time seniority yet.
I'm sure each area is different, but in my building there's a laundry list of names of folks chomping at the bit to get a shot at the big chair.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm sure each area is different, but in my building there's a laundry list of names of folks chomping at the bit to get a shot at the big chair.

Yes I agree but as some places work thru the large backlog will any newer employees be will to step up.

The area I'm talking about is rural and ups driver would mean u make more than virtually all of your friends. Yet no one wants to do it.

QualityLoads

ive asked some of the newer drivers how long it took them to be a driver and most got it in less than 2 years. One driver i load for handed me the driver test and told me to memorize it because i can be a driver soon... this is knowing that i havent gained seniority yet.

Dr.Brownz

My center is adding 7 new driver jobs this year. There are about 30 full time drivers at my center now for perspective. They hired 3 new ones already and those guys only worked the local sort/fuel and park for 1-2 years.