Anyone fill out a “pre-designated doctor” form?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by twoweeled, Feb 21, 2013.

1. twoweeled

twoweeled Active Member

Years ago, we had an option (in CA) to fill out a “pre-designated doctor” form. This was in case of injury on the job; we could see our own doctor instead of the company Doctor. I personally filled it out. When I returned it to HR, I asked if there was any sort of receipt or proof I had submitted such form. Of course there was not. I just had to trust them.
    Fast-forward maybe 5 years. I’m hurt on the job. I ask about going to my doctor according to the form I submitted. SURPRISE!!! No one can find any record of such form. No, this does not have to be filled out yearly. This is a one-time deal, I was told. Anyone else have any luck with the “pre-designated doctor” form? :surprised:
  2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

You don't need a form to specify that you prefer your family doctor over the company doctor; however, before being cleared to come back, you very well may have to seen by the company doctor.

We don't have those forms in New York.
  3. twoweeled

twoweeled Active Member

as far as I know, in California you do need the pre designated doctor form. the small possible controversy, would be whether or not it has to be a company form. I remember having my doctor just fill out the pertinent information. only to have the person in human resources tell me it has to be a company from. so bottom line, I have the doctor fill out the company form, and that was lost. a lot of the changes concerning workman's compensation, were changed by are governor years ago, The Terminator.
  4. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

The guy inSyracuse should be a manager. Talk about an egotistical, condescending jack ass. He was picking on real doctors for their signatures. Sorry, buddy. I know its gotta suck to not have a real practice and real patients. If I have to go see him again, I will have to take some major drugs to keep my mouth shut. I am dying to knock him down a couple notches. It would be so easy, as I am taller.
  5. undies

undies Active Member

I've just seen the company doctor...waited 2 hours to have 1 minute of time with him. Can I still see my own doctor?
  6. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

I didn't know the company had doctors, or can make you use a particular dr. I wouldn't trust them. Oh no sir, your arm's not broken...lifting packages will make it feel better, you're just fine lol. I got hurt on the job two years ago...filled out accident report and got a workers comp claim # and went to the er.
  7. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.