Anyone on here ever work for this supervisor?

Sick of Intimidation

Anyone in or around Detroit ever work for a supervisor nicknamed "Stoner"? We now have him in our center and this guy is the biggest idiot OJS i've ever come in contact with. The rumor we heard is that he was demoted and sent to us because he was covering a route one day and parked his pkg. car where the buses line up. While he was in the school, all the buses came and blocked his pkg car. Well this maroon comes out, gets in the car and instead of just waiting, he goes back and forth 20 times until he can drive up on the sidewalk and drove for a 1/4 mile down the sidewalk while all the kids were getting loaded on the bus. He could've killed some kid. School administrators called the cops and told them what he'd done and told them he must've been "stoned". He was ticketed, but we can't believe he kept his job after such an idiot move. We call him Stoner H*****.

Last edited by a moderator:

tieguy

Banned
Anyone in or around Detroit ever work for a supervisor nicknamed "Stoner"? We now have him in our center and this guy is the biggest idiot OJS i've ever come in contact with. The rumor we heard is that he was demoted and sent to us because he was covering a route one day and parked his pkg. car where the buses line up. While he was in the school, all the buses came and blocked his pkg car. Well this maroon comes out, gets in the car and instead of just waiting, he goes back and forth 20 times until he can drive up on the sidewalk and drove for a 1/4 mile down the sidewalk while all the kids were getting loaded on the bus. He could've killed some kid. School administrators called the cops and told them what he'd done and told them he must've been "stoned". He was ticketed, but we can't believe he kept his job after such an idiot move. We call him Stoner H*****.

you figure the guy has to be an idiot just to live in detroit.

brownelf

why am I not surprised by the ignorant remarks regarding Detroit from someone who lives dilbert and goes by the name of tieguy. Sure those of us who live in the Detroit area have heard it all, but bottom line you gotta agree the guys that live and work in the city deserve respect. Tieguy you wouldn't last 5 minutes delivering on the streets of the D. But you gotta admit those guys are earning there money, anytime you want to go for a ride let me know I'll make it happen.

tieguy

Banned
why am I not surprised by the ignorant remarks regarding Detroit from someone who lives dilbert and goes by the name of tieguy. Sure those of us who live in the Detroit area have heard it all, but bottom line you gotta agree the guys that live and work in the city deserve respect. Tieguy you wouldn't last 5 minutes delivering on the streets of the D. But you gotta admit those guys are earning there money, anytime you want to go for a ride let me know I'll make it happen.

you guys ruin a city like detroit and I am then supposed to be insulted because I would not last there 5 minutes?

In either case it was a joke , I have family there so i think I'm allowed to crack on the town. maybe not.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Detroit is a classic example of the perils of non-diversification.

Compounded with a belief that " "the company" and "the governement" is responsible for taking care of me."

Qualification: This is what others have told me about individuals from the "rust belt" areas of Michigan and Ohio.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
One of the problems that occurred in Akron Ohio......it seemed like everyone worked for the big rubber companies....Goodyear, Firestone, Goodrich, General, etc. The companies all moved out and moved down South for cheaper labor. Had a huge effect on that city. What used to be United Rubber Workers became so weak they had to combine with some other unions and they have a name longer than this paragraph. I think they are part of the Steelworkers now.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
One could also pose the same argument for certain parts of the Bible belt.

Can't argue with that ... same apathy and dependence applies to certain people in my family and my wife's family.

The people told me this in the context of individuals not taking initiative to re-train themselves once their steel mill, manufacturing and car assembly jobs were eliminated.
Other than "mill jobs", the South (I assume that is what you meant by Bible belt) has not had too many industries leave town ... many have moved down here where there are much lower wages, less taxes and better weather. The South has been in a period of growth for several decades.
Also, these people were from Detroit, Youngstown, Steubenville and Pittsburgh and they all relocated from these areas to the Atlanta area.

Was not trying to make a generalization about the area but ad hoc observations about individuals who stayed in the area and did not adapt. :peaceful: