Anyone still have your name/safe driving years on the side of your truck?

upsmaninmi

Just curious. They took ours off a couple years ago. Apparently the cost was too much for UPS to handle. Safe driving awards. GONE. Name plates on trucks. GONE. Turkeys. GONE. It seems like they want us to have no pride in our job or this company.

M

Mike hunt

We do my have it anymore and to be honest I wouldn't want my name on the side of the truck anyway. People are to weird now days.

Overpaid Union Thug

Just curious. They took ours off a couple years ago. Apparently the cost was too much for UPS to handle. Safe driving awards. GONE. Name plates on trucks. GONE. Turkeys. GONE. It seems like they want us to have no pride in our job or this company.
We do my have it anymore and to be honest I wouldn't want my name on the side of the truck anyway. People are to weird now days.
We haven't had them on our trucks since I've been in my current building. And I don't remember seeing them on the trucks before I worked here or on the trucks in the first building I worked in either. I've seen them on the trucks that come out of one of the centers across the state line in Kentucky though.

M

Mike hunt

We haven't had them on our trucks since I've been in my current building. And I don't remember seeing them on the trucks before I worked here or on the trucks in the first building I worked in either. I've seen them on the trucks that come out of one of the centers across the state line in Kentucky though.
I think it's been phased out everywhere all together.

Have only seen about 15 vehicles with the nameplate holders out of the I've 175 driven. Have never seen a driver who had a nameplate with their name on it. Know only 8-10 drivers that would qualify.

Have only seen about 15 vehicles with the nameplate holders out of the I've 175 driven. Have never seen a driver who had a nameplate with their name on it. Know only 8-10 drivers that would qualify.
We had one. when he retired,they took It off and gave It to him. Haven't seen one since. Also used to have big portraits,of the circleof honor drivers. They took the old ones down. They do not take any new ones. Very sad! So few make it. Now,nothing.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There was a time when every driver had their name and years of safe driving engraved on a black strip of plexiglass-like material. Those in the Circle of Honor had a tan/brown name plate. These were slowly phased out when the company scaled down their safe driving program. We have several drivers who have taped their name plates to the glass near the passenger door.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
We still do it. Name plates on the trucks. Photos in the entrance of the building. Black jackets.

I'll be getting a nameplate on my rig soon. :)

It's all numbers,now. They want their numbers. I want my numbers,on a paycheck.

clean hairy

I DID see one, can't say where or when obviously.
BUT it did have a very high # as yrs of safe driving.
Well, within the past 8 months, I can say that much.

rod

Retired 22 years
I've got half a drawer full of them out in my work shop (no I don't know why I keep them--I just do). I am down just a couple of new/ still in the box safe driving award tri-fold billfolds left though.

oldngray

nowhere special
math-30a5de2f2a861f809314e2cd28ca7b2a_h.jpg

Cementups

Box Monkey
We have one driver who recently had a 25 year safe driving plaque added to his package car on the side under the truck number. I personally think it looks tacky.