Apartment delivery?

klolx

I am planning to buy something online (not pottery barn:panicsmiley:) and I was wondering how do apartment deliveries work.

Do you guys just leave it in front of the door, do you knock or just leave it in front?

Explain please. Thank you!

PS: The package is gonna be around 8-10lbs

Cementups

Box Monkey
Apartments usually require signatures unless they are BASIC service. You can see if your apartment office will sign for the package or you can take the chance of leaving a note of rate driver to leave your package and hope that it will still be there when you do get home.

S

splozi

Apartment deliveries require signatures.

As suggested above, have it held at the center. You can bring the tracking number to the customer counter person and he/she will will-call it for you, or you can have someone else in the center do it. I don't know what their positions are referred to. They sit at computers all day and pick their noses.

Kis124

I give my sup the tracking number, and she holds the package for me, or tells me where it is..then I find my area's driver and sign for it..get a property pass...and its on my way home

S

splozi

I give my sup the tracking number, and she holds the package for me, or tells me where it is..then I find my area's driver and sign for it..get a property pass...and its on my way home

If you pick it up from the customer counter, you can just exit right through there without a pass.

OptimusPrime

Here is one I get a different answer for depending who I talk to. Can you Shipper Release an Apartment stop. Some say yes, the shipper paid extra for it to happen, so it should happen. Others say negative ghostrider, treat it like any other apartment stop.

Kis124

If you pick it up from the customer counter, you can just exit right through there without a pass.
I still would have to go through security to get my car..AND customer counter doesn't open til 8:30..I am already almost home by then. Saves the trouble

S

splozi

I still would have to go through security to get my car..AND customer counter doesn't open til 8:30..I am already almost home by then. Saves the trouble

Ah, our customer counter shares the same lot as the rest of the building. You can exit through there to bypass the security shack.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Here is one I get a different answer for depending who I talk to. Can you Shipper Release an Apartment stop. Some say yes, the shipper paid extra for it to happen, so it should happen. Others say negative ghostrider, treat it like any other apartment stop.

Shippers do not pay extra--shipper release and/or Basic are our lowest rate packages and, yes, they can be left at apartments.

rocket man

i am planning to buy something online (not pottery barn:panicsmiley:) and i was wondering how do apartment deliveries work.

Do you guys just leave it in front of the door, do you knock or just leave it in front?

Explain please. Thank you!

Ps: The package is gonna be around 8-10lbs
142 posts and your asking this if you want to find out how a apt delivery works order somthing