Are we on the brink of civil war 2.0?

The Driver

I drive.
Flaunt?

Nope. All I desire is not to be forced to lie. That's it. That is the sum total of my request. I wish to keep my job without being told to falsify my speech.
So you just think it’s appropriate to give your unsolicited opinion about everything all the time? Nobody asks you what you think at work about someone else’s life, and they shouldn’t have to ask you. Be respectful, mind your business and shut up. You’re there to do a job, not be the penis/vagina police. Call them by their name and leave it at that. Good grief. What a snowflake.

wilberforce15

So you just think it’s appropriate to give your unsolicited opinion about everything all the time? Nobody asks you what you think at work about someone else’s life, and they shouldn’t have to ask you. Be respectful, mind your business and shut up. You’re there to do a job, not be the penis/vagina police. Call them by their name and leave it at that. Good grief. What a snowflake.

Lies aren't how you show respect.

The Driver

I drive.
Is it respectful to take my paycheck unless I tell a lie?

I show my respect for the woman by refusing to lie about her.

That's what respect is. I respect her enough not to lie about her.
Do you go around speaking your mind about everything imaginable? Do people call you ugly every time they see you at work? Is that acceptable?

wilberforce15

Do you go around speaking your mind about everything imaginable? Do people call you ugly every time they see you at work? Is that acceptable?

You're missing the obvious evidence.

I still have my job precisely because I don't do that. I'm not itching to go correct everyone. I don't talk to anybody about anything. My workplace is evenly divided between simple morons, thugs, and liberal lunatics. I have no reason to talk to them. Your favorite demographics already own the place.

That's not the point.

The point is that the speech, if I were to have any, is both compelled and false.

Falsifying speech is a job requirement.

And I have no respect for that, or plans to comply. It's quite possible they could put it out as "training" so that everyone can sign a form saying they will respect people's pronouns or whatever.

I'm not signing.

J.D. Hogg

1:10 ET : Rioters clash with police

2:00 ET : Rioters breach the Capitol.

2:24 ET : Trump tweets his election grievance about Mike Pence not doing what was in Trump’s interest as far as overturning the results, calls the election “fraudulent

2:38 ET : The first “stay peaceful” tweet. [Stay peaceful??? He knew peace was out of the question for an hour and 28 minutes!]

6:01 ET : “These are the things that happen” tweet

Donald Trump is a scumbag. Come back to reality.

THESE ARE FACTS. THIS TIMELINE ISN’T DISPUTED. YOU SUPPORT A FASCIST WANNABE. YOU LIKE THAT HE IS A FASCIST WANNABE. YOU DO NOT SUPPORT THE US CONSTITUTION. YOU WANT A STRONG MAN AS LONG AS HE MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD. IT IS PATHETIC.
Exactly.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It was the most secure and accurately-counted election in American history.
1611165475439.jpg