Are you ok.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
bbag has a lot of issues to deal with. and if you read all of his posts, almost a split personality. several other descriptive terms come to mind as well.........

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
705 & tie, i will furnish the adult beverages and be the designated driver for the ride home. that is of course if the two of you even want to part company after a night of watching ..........

just offering...:wink2:

d

over9five

Staff member
I don't know, 705 and Tie....

Do you really want someone who just had hand surgery steering the car?!?!?!?

<Better to spend the night.....>

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Tie, Having just come back from vacation and this thread being one of the first threads that I have read I must say, "There is something right in the world after-all".

Thank you for your thoughtfull and insightfull post. :happy2:

We had a driver driver pass away from us last week, you would figure maybe one of our management staff would have attended the funeral which was this past Saturday.I managed to finish my run from Indianapolis and still attend,when the minister ask for UPS only a hand full of us was present and that was mostly employees.:angry:

leastbest

LeastBest
I got hurt pretty badly a few years back and had to go to the hospital. I called in and told them I was hurt and had to get to the hospital immediately and the first thing the sup said was, "Is your air off?"

It's always been packages before people.

Randy
www.leastbest.com

S

speeddemon

WHere the hell is Tie, and who is that posting in his place?? ........Great post Tie.

D

dont want to be known

Let me sidestep my normal role as the BC Management hardhead and ask for a little help from my management co-workers. Those who post here and those who lurk in the background.

When you have someone involved in an accident please show some concern for that person or persons first before you worry about who screwed up or any service issues.

I had a couple of drivers involved in an accident.

My boss is standing nearby when my sup gets the first call. He gives my boss the details. My boss responds by showing anger at the accident and concern for servicing the loads and never asks the questions are the drivers ok. Meanwhile some of my other drivers nearby overhear the conversation.

As management in this company I hope we have not become so desensitized to the welfare of our people that we have forgotten how to show some concern for their well being. The equipment can be repaired or replaced and the packages can usually be serviced somehow since we are very good at what we do.

Show some concern for the welfare of your people before you worry about the consequences and what you may have to do to service the packages.

You see the posts here as to why we often have a hard time getting our people to buy into our safety efforts. I'm sure our lack of compassion is a big reason. they see it and therefore don't believe we are sincere.

In my career I have often felt I had to clean up the mess left by these types of attitudes or even apologize for someone elses insensitivity. It gets old . It really gets old.

Tie,
I am impressed with your post!
My building had a driver flip a P-7. The driver grapevine had it within an hour and most of us were messaging the building about his condition.
Per the center manager, a message was sent out that the he would be OK. That was 4 years ago,a broken pelvis,a near leg amputation and a lifetime disability for a driver that will never be able to return to work. In my building, it is not just the "concern" for the driver, it is the lies told. They knew how bad he was when he went to the hospital. Wanna come work here?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
dont

there is a fine line to be walked. had they been forthcoming with the "truth" they,ups, could have been sued for violating privacy laws. all they can legally tell you is that is ok. anything more than that and they are way out of bounds.

buown may be a real family to most (they were/are to me) but not legally.

just another view of the chocolate pie:happy-very:

d

bellesotico

BOXstar
dont

there is a fine line to be walked. had they been forthcoming with the "truth" they,ups, could have been sued for violating privacy laws. all they can legally tell you is that is ok. anything more than that and they are way out of bounds.

buown may be a real family to most (they were/are to me) but not legally.

just another view of the chocolate pie:happy-very:

d

I believe you are referring to HIPAA and UPS is not a covered entity. There is nothing illegal about truthfully informing employees the condition of another employee injured on the job.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Heh, and you guys told me in five years I wouldnt care anymore awwwwww to all you out there posting compassions LMAO!

I had a driver recently get into a wreck and I asked him if he was alright. I see me as a pe-loader and they as drivers as a team. We both look out for each other. All my drivers like me a lot, and often ask if they need to stand up for me. And I return the favor in packing their cars professionally. And I always say hello, and name every morning.

Do on to others as they would do on to you. I could only hope I get a pre-loader as kind as I to them if I ever do make driver.

Love and peace everyone! XD~!~