Arizona's anti-imigration law...

brett636

Congratulations to Arizona for having the political will to pass this very necessary law! I now know the state where I will plan my next vacation!

bbsam

Staff member
I have in the past been told that I look Peurto Rican, Columbian, and Nicaraguan though I am not of Latino heritage and have always been a citizen of the United States. If in Arizona and I'm being stopped for looking like I may be an illegal where is my constitutional guarantee against unreasonable search and seizure? And here in the great melting pot I am certainly not alone. The fact is this law is doomed to failure in Federal court sooner rather than later.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have in the past been told that I look Peurto Rican, Columbian, and Nicaraguan though I am not of Latino heritage and have always been a citizen of the United States. If in Arizona and I'm being stopped for looking like I may be an illegal where is my constitutional guarantee against unreasonable search and seizure? And here in the great melting pot I am certainly not alone. The fact is this law is doomed to failure in Federal court sooner rather than later.

This is the best post thus far on the subject. This law lends itself too easily to racial profiling. Is illegal immigration a crisis? Yes but this is not the answer. This law will be short lived and will create more headaches than it was designed to cure.

browndevil

We can only hope so! Arizona is quickly becoming a minority majority state. What will happen when racial profiling is reversed? "Hey, you look too caucasion must be Canadian" Then there will be be white outrage

tieguy

Banned
Let's face it, Arizona is a Red State. Now it's deepen that redness with a hammer and sickle. Congrats Az Conservatives and Tea-jhadist, you've just signed into law the most comprehensive piece of legislation that most resembles the communist manifesto authored by Karl Marx. Now, let's sing Victoria Jackson's song all together Tea Partying Arizon-ians....."there a communist living in the White House".....Look no further than in your own Red State.....Boycott Arizona !

Wow immigration control makes you a communist. roflmao

diesel96

I like the law. If you have your ID, you have nothing to fear. If you're here illegally, you'll have a problem.

Maybe all the illegal immigrants will go to san francisco (sanctuary city) and go to Pelosi's backyard. Let's see how she likes walking a sidewalk hearing....."here chickie chickie mama'!!

AZ. is just practicing self defense for the people of that state. If you don't live in a border state, you have no clue.

That's a warped and unfair view of all Mexicans and Hispanics.....most are hard-working dedicated family members just trying to survive, their not all gangbangers of MS 13.......
BTW.....The first lesson of self defense for people of that state, is to stop making it so easy and accessible to obtain guns, and stop hiring illegals for low wages and no benefits.....

You didn't know it was already against federal law to be here illegally? Well it is. You did not know that the federal government already rounds up illegals and deports them? Well they do. This law just appears to be picking up the slack of an incompetent federal government to me. And you want them to have control over your health care, banking, energy, and work enviornment. What a joke.

In the past, you've demonstated you were well versed in the Constitution, what gives here ?
This law allows authorities, w/o warrant and provocation, to detain US citizens and those legally here, without their proper ID papers....Heil Hitler !
I'm sure you didn't serve your country so State Lawmakers could legislate laws attacking our liberty and freedoms.
Liberty and freedom, two words Conservatives like to toss around as if they have a patent on it. But lets not look the other way, cause this law won't effect people that look like us......

This is the best post thus far on the subject. This law lends itself too easily to racial profiling. Is illegal immigration a crisis? Yes but this is not the answer. This law will be short lived and will create more headaches than it was designed to cure.[/QUOTE]

I agree...Prince William County, Va's bid to legislate aggressive and unConstitutional anti-immigration laws was a failure and was flooded by law suits costing the tax payers millions....

diesel96

Wow immigration control makes you a communist. roflmao

If Healthcare reform makes Obama a communists, then yes, Az law-makers and their supporters promote the road to Communism ?

Inform your tea party friends, Obama is more-like a Communist by prolonging the Bush/Cheney Patriot Act and all it's warrantless wiretapping, e-mail eavesdropping, and pardoning Communication Co's.

W/o injecting emotion,partisanship, or bigotry into the issue, this piece of crap Az legislation is closer to the school of Karl Marx than we've ever had. Is this legislation something Conservatives should break out their red, white, and blue sweatshirts with the word patriot on and wave their mini American flags sitting their fat fannies on lawn chairs yelling Liberty, Freedom and Don't Tread on Me.....I think Az Tea-Partiers should dress up in red sweatshirts, drinking Vodka, and waving their Hammers, sickles, and pitchforks...Nastrovia

av8torntn

In the past, you've demonstated you were well versed in the Constitution, what gives here ?
This law allows authorities, w/o warrant and provocation, to detain US citizens and those legally here, without their proper ID papers....Heil Hitler !

Every state that I know of already does that due to the force of the US Government. Try not showing your CDL when driving that big rig of yours to the state DOT. Cross a white line, heck not even a yellow line, at three am when getting off work and see what happens when you refuse to submit to the request to take a sample of your breath or blood or refuse to allow them to search your automobile.

As I have stated many times I believe we should live in a free country and if an adult want to exchange labor for whatever wage he choses then it should be his right. This is the real problem for you and your side. There is no way to make the minimum wage work unless you somehow eliminate all the shadow labor markets. You want to oppose this because it was done by an r but if it were done by a d you would be cheering it on.

moreluck

golden ticket member
If you are legal, you only have to show your ID....just like when anyone is pulled over by a cop. If a cop pulls you over , do you scream that your rights have been violated ??? No, you say "yes, officer" and "no, officer" just like everybody else.

If you are illegal, have no ID to show the cop, then you will be treated like any other criminal.