UPS4Life

So ups will pay for my cdl dot card?
I'm going to guess no because you're not in feeders and it's not required for package car. Just something else you'll want to find out before you take a day off for nothing. I forget who just said but your cdl portion needs to be checked on the card.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Feeders how is it?
The pay any different from package car?
Do u need a hazmat with your cdl?

$0.10/hr more for feeders. Another $0.45/hr for pulling doubles.

The problem with feeders is that the majority of the jobs are nights. If you can work nights and long hours (11 to 12), it is great.

There are some jobs with less hours, but if you are stuck working nights, might as well make some money.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
$0.10/hr more for feeders. Another $0.45/hr for pulling doubles.

The problem with feeders is that the majority of the jobs are nights. If you can work nights and long hours (11 to 12), it is great.

There are some jobs with less hours, but if you are stuck working nights, might as well make some money.

Edit. Do not need the Hazmat endorsement. Just the Class A with a T endorsement (doubles/triples).

GHerbo

Still around or retired?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 269

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
There are some jobs with less hours, but if you are stuck working nights, might as well make so
I worked nights 95% of my 29 years in feeders. Initially, it was all that was available, for sure. When I retired I was number 16 out of about 150 drivers. Coulda been working days years ago. I grew to appreciate nights. 1. I could get more stuff done during the day before I left for work (dr appts, getting my car worked on, etc.) 2. Less traffic on the road. Houston's traffic is really bad. 3. Cooler weather (Texas heat. Nuff said). 4. There seemed to me like there was more money to be made at night if you wanted to work extra. (shifting, extra leg, overflows) 5. When my kids were young, I made time to see them before and after school, and I could attend stuff like t-ball, vollyball, etc. 6. Less ties hanging around the yard watching for you to do something wrong. They were walking in to work when I was walking out. lol. 7. Last but not least, My wife and I got along great as long as we worked opposite shifts. I attribute the fact that we have been married 35 years this summer to working nights. My .02.