silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
It's part of the pre-trip, and maybe they have just not turned them off yet. Or maybe they forgot to turn them off. I don't suppose you've ever forgotten to do something?
The new macks have driving lights in place of the fog lights. Its like driving with your brights on. They do it because they are d bags

B

BrownCubster

thanks to people who tried to help. had to shift at 3 am. boy what a mess. trailers all over the place. had to break up double sets . had to pull trailers off the doors to open up the swing doors. it was a madhouse.

how do you guys do this everyday? the dispatch on the radio was telling me to step it up and was saying we were falling behind. the 2 other shifters were telling me i was doing just fine.

I am oncall all week and hope dont have to do this job again. does it get any easier? hope so.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
thanks to people who tried to help. had to shift at 3 am. boy what a mess. trailers all over the place. had to break up double sets . had to pull trailers off the doors to open up the swing doors. it was a madhouse.

how do you guys do this everyday? the dispatch on the radio was telling me to step it up and was saying we were falling behind. the 2 other shifters were telling me i was doing just fine.

I am oncall all week and hope dont have to do this job again. does it get any easier? hope so.
Wat up @olroadbeech

P

pickup

It does get easier, just keep putting one foot in front of the other.

B

BrownCubster

It does get easier, just keep putting one foot in front of the other.
Thank you very much. I hear that from my co workers too. it makes me feel better hearing from others as well.

i have to train and qualify for triples and that includes double long trailers. is there anything different i should know about these compared to sets of doubles? thanks in advance.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
In our hub you can be a brand new feeder driver and go pull triples after being trained on passing the test to get the endorsement for your CDL. we have a lot of runs pulling triples.

but i agree, a couple years to 5 years of experience before pulling them makes much more sense.

Brown Now

Where do you guys buy your work shoes ? Was told mine are not polishable or slip resistant.
Caterpillar brand oxfords. Do a google search. They're actually made by Timberland. Comfortable, rugged, and polishable.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1470182673.311920.jpg

Brown Now

Double 45's? Wow you need minimum 5 years experience before you can do that here.
X2. Can't touch those or triples (LCVs) until you have five years of doubles experience. Then you need to be trained/certified. The state you will be running in has to grant you a permit as well. Doubles/triples endorsement on CDL does not grant you permission to pull them. State has to give their blessing.

Brown Now

In our hub you can be a brand new feeder driver and go pull triples after being trained on passing the test to get the endorsement for your CDL. we have a lot of runs pulling triples.

but i agree, a couple years to 5 years of experience before pulling them makes much more sense.
Hope your hub knows what they're doing. We had a guy that was six months shy of five years and they denied him. Told him he needs five complete years.

Have one driver who was mad at UPS because he was denied by Ohio and not by Indiana. Management told him they have nothing to do with that. State of Ohio was making the call. Apparently he had something on his driving record that Ohio didn't like.