olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Hope your hub knows what they're doing. We had a guy that was six months shy of five years and they denied him. Told him he needs five complete years.

Have one driver who was mad at UPS because he was denied by Ohio and not by Indiana. Management told him they have nothing to do with that. State of Ohio was making the call. Apparently he had something on his driving record that Ohio didn't like.
Frankly, it scared the heck out of me to see the new drivers pulling trips. most of those runs are on I80 in the middle of nowhere but some are twin 45's pulled in town to commercial accounts.

I did those runs on relief where you would go back and forth to those accounts 5-6 times in a day mostly in city and even rush hour traffic. I would only go about 45 on the highway when it was bad. thankfully it seemed like 95% of the driving public respected and gave a lot of space around me.

budlight

hey friend* face
Round here, you get the endorsement before you get your license. 6 months after qualifying, you're eligible to pull triples. Just have to have a ride along your first time. Pass and you're golden.

Johney

Frankly, it scared the heck out of me to see the new drivers pulling trips. most of those runs are on I80 in the middle of nowhere but some are twin 45's pulled in town to commercial accounts.

I did those runs on relief where you would go back and forth to those accounts 5-6 times in a day mostly in city and even rush hour traffic. I would only go about 45 on the highway when it was bad. thankfully it seemed like 95% of the driving public respected and gave a lot of space around me.
Double 45's in town? B.S.

B

BrownCubster

Double 45's in town? B.S.
our drivers in Reno run double 45 trailers all the time . it is on I-80 or SR 395. I think you can exit off the interstate and go a short distance to a business if it is in a industrial park or to the hub which is only half mile from interstate.

we go to Michelin, tire warehouses , Toys R Us , JC Penney , and several other places right off the highway. also go to that giant industrial park off USA parkway , exit 28. all with double 45 foot trailers.

my center manager is making me wait till i have 90 days in and then going to review.

are there any other drivers here from Reno?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
our drivers in Reno run double 45 trailers all the time . it is on I-80 or SR 395. I think you can exit off the interstate and go a short distance to a business if it is in a industrial park or to the hub which is only half mile from interstate.

we go to Michelin, tire warehouses , Toys R Us , JC Penney , and several other places right off the highway. also go to that giant industrial park off USA parkway , exit 28. all with double 45 foot trailers.

my center manager is making me wait till i have 90 days in and then going to review.

Good to know

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

Just your alter ego.

Johney

Right off the highway NOT in town.

brownburro

Can anyone on here who has gone through feeder training this year tell me if pulling and parking 53' trailers is part of their training? I had to take a newly liscenced driver on my run last night which involves moving zzz and LC 53' trailers. He informed me that his trainer told him to let me (an hourly) teach him the ins and outs. Why is this my responsibility?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Can anyone on here who has gone through feeder training this year tell me if pulling and parking 53' trailers is part of their training? I had to take a newly liscenced driver on my run last night which involves moving zzz and LC 53' trailers. He informed me that his trainer told him to let me (an hourly) teach him the ins and outs. Why is this my responsibility?
just maybe the onroad was giving you or other feeder drivers a compliment that you know more than they do which is usually the case.