Assualted at work???????

Southwestern

Thats the bad part, i am not union. I have no one to fight for my rights. I just dont want this to happen to anyone else. Thats why Im posting this. I thank you all for letting me vent and for your advise...... And I think everyone knows about BC who works at UPS, like I said i have worked there for 10+ years....i was a houly before.

Due process isn't that quick. I assume you attempted to press charges, but your local authorities choose not to pursue the matter?

Your sole option would be to contact an attorney. My guess is that this incident will be perceived as a minor incident that you overreacted to. Thus, you may have difficulty finding an attorney willing to take up your case. Ultimately, you'll likely prevail but it'll likely take numerous phone calls. And it may not be pro bono.

Here's the reality of the situation:
After a long & frustrating search, you find an attorney willing to take up your case pro bono. UPS, eager to make this case go away, offers a small settlement. Your attorney accepts - and keeps much of it. Ultimately, you receive less than a few months pay. (Of course, you could have a large, successful case... but I presume your fellow co-workers have defended your boss, so I wouldn't expect it.)

And FWIW, unemployment compensation is "awarded" when you lose your job through no fault of your own. You voluntarily quit because you refused to continue to work with your boss. You're not entitled to UC. Odds are UPS will fight your claim as long as they believe you're likely to sue them (and collecting UC could hurt your legal prospects).

Good luck.

anonymous4

So you were with UPS as a worker but you didn't join the union? I am confused as to what your status was when this actually happened. I am going to make an ASSumption and tell you something isn't right with your story. You contacted all of these people including the state police and nothing ever came of it?

beentheredonethat

Let's face it, the only people who really know what happened, is the starter of this thread and the manager she was talking about. Put yourself in the "old white man's" shoes for a minute. Someone claims that you hit them. No witnesses come out supporting that argument, you are investigated by the police and also by the HR department and they have found that there is no reason to press charges or to discipline you at work. Yet due to bias against management they are ready to be strung up by people on this board based on accusations that multiple groups (police, HR etc) have deemed to have no merit. Isn't it possible, that what occurred did not happen as the initial poster said? Isn't it possible, this is just a troll trying to bait people into this argument. Isn't it possible, this troll is an ambulance chasing attorney looking to uncover areas he could find cases?

I personally have no tolerance for violence of any kind. Similarly, I have no tolerance for people who make false accusations. I don't know if this is a totally false accusation, a person who believes it to be true but they are the only one who does. Or if what they said is totally true. I just find it hard to believe if it is totally true then how did nothing occur by either the police or HR?