Atomic

Ron Carey lives on

I guess if we get our hands on some get togethers at the Koch Bros mansion with cigars and Brandy celebrating another wage decrease in one of the states they own

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

We could cut and paste all day. Your stale, misguided defense of RTW consists of something you Don't like about Dems. Start another thread if you concede on RTW

Sent using BrownCafe App

satellitedriver

If Union's are the backbone of American workers, why is the membership so low in the private sector and so high in the government sector.
In 2013 there were 14.5 million members in the U.S., compared with 17.7 million in 1983. In 2013, the percentage of workers belonging to a union was 11.3%, compared to 20.1% in 1983. The rate for the private sector was 6.7%, and for the public sector 35.3%.
All those evil corporations and non union workers pay the salaries, via taxes, for the majority of union workers in America.
11% of the working population in America is not a mandate for reform.
Hell, 50% of Americans do not even pay any Tax.
So, the true majority of non-union workers and company's in America already fund the unions with forced dues.

Ron Carey lives on

But you don't want to quit. Ot after 8 doubletime on sun. Everything unions members have faught for, 40 hour week. Or maybe you think Ups loves you, for the hard off the clock work you do. Oh yea I know

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

Do some research on what you have and why. Who has faught it and who has been for it. A satellite driver, probably low seniority, low IQ, Less experience with negotiating with Ups, grow up

Sent using BrownCafe App

Atomic_Smurf

Do some research on what you have and why. Who has faught it and who has been for it. A satellite driver, probably low seniority, low IQ, Less experience with negotiating with Ups, grow up

Sent using BrownCafe App
No one from the past has ever shown up to run my route of make my house payment. But those that have fought for better wages & benefits are the first ones getting screwed by today's union voters electing people that are taking our benefits in the name of social equality. When did the union become proponents of expanding & growing the welfare state?

I never understood why union workers were so eager to sacrifice more of our earnings for this faux historical movement of social justice except that they didn't understand it & were just following orders.

Last edited:

Atomic_Smurf

The only people that have been hurt by RTW legislation are...well, nobody. Workers have only lost out on jobs in states where their elected leaders have FAILED to adopt it.

The only people that have been hurt by the ACA is everyone that works for a living. We are on the collection end of healthcare reform, not the receiving end. They lied.

Atomic_Smurf

"Paying no taxes" implies that they do not pay any taxes period----not that they pay in throughout the year and get it all back (and then some) when they file.
There was no "implied" message, only stated that they "pay no taxes". "Withholding" & "paying" are two different things. It really isn't that difficult.

Ron Carey lives on

The other poster got shot down, cause he works off the clock gets 20 more stops added to him, and then wants to file a 9.5. By the way smurf if you refuse to pay dues in a rtw state. Can you run for union office, vote for a contract or vote for local officials

Sent using BrownCafe App

Atomic_Smurf

The other poster got shot down, cause he works off the clock gets 20 more stops added to him, and then wants to file a 9.5. By the way smurf if you refuse to pay dues in a rtw state. Can you run for union office, vote for a contract or vote for local officials

Sent using BrownCafe App
The other posters 9.5 issues had nothing to do with upstateNYUPSers inability to comprehend a simple statement.

And if a worker feels so alienated by his union that they chooses to stop paying union dues then I doubt they are interested in being allowed to vote in their elections, much less run for office. Voting on contracts doesn't do much good when your reps tell you "that's all your gonna get", then either force it on you or hold out back pay till the majority of union voters can't stand it & cave. Like it or not, your money speaks louder than your vote & without RTW workers are left with a very muffled voice.

Ron Carey lives on

So you try to fix the union by pouting like my 4 year old girl. Good plan. " I won't vote, I am mad, nobody likes me" .:':-)'( you are a proactive dude smurf

Sent using BrownCafe App