Atomic

satellitedriver

I can't believe you continued to work at a union shop for so long. Surely there was a management position for you. Or maybe Fed ex was hiring at that time, oh I see now, you wanted the benefits of a union job, you just want to denounce collective bargaining in the process. Thats called a taker. You will take what we negotiate and complain later. Typical scab

Sent using BrownCafe App
Yes I crossed in 1997, and quit the union.
I stood on the picket line and told everyone I was going to cross unless someone could give me a rational reason for the strike.
No one was stupid enough to threaten me.
When I hired on in 1986, I had no idea that the union had anything to do with UPS.
I had left a job with far better monetary and future potential before I worked at UPS. I would have had to travel and spend too much time away from home.
UPS afforded me to live on my 20 acres, build a quiet life, and the fing union was the least of my concerns.
Typical working man, not a punk who needs protection to keep his job.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
UPS afforded you that life based on union negotiated wages. Don't ever forget it. You worked until 10 every night for years on your satellite route so the being away from home at the other job doesn't fly.

Ron Carey lives on

So who paid for your colon cancer, cause we were on Aetna at the time you stated you got that that terrible disease. That was a negotiated insurance. Does it bother you that Teamsters negotiated a insurance that may have saved your life. You and ups were so tight, they probably would have just have paid for it right. Or did your cancer just end up being a little scab

Last edited by a moderator:

satellitedriver

Colon cancer wow, glad you beat it. Just wondering did Ups pay for treatments, rehabs and possibly surgery out of the goodness of their heart, or was it because you had negotiated insurance?

Sent using BrownCafe App
Thanks for your warm thoughts.
Yes, UPS paid for my insurance. The union never had to spend, or contribute, a dime, but they never do.
When I was a structural fitter at a non-union shop they paid for all my insurance.
When I was a net maker at a non-union shop they paid for my insurance.
Every non-union job I have ever had I went to the top pay scale, by performance, not "seniority".
I am thankful for UPS willing to pay the ransom to the union.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Thanks for your warm thoughts.
Yes, UPS paid for my insurance. The union never had to spend, or contribute, a dime, but they never do.
When I was a structural fitter at a non-union shop they paid for all my insurance.
When I was a net maker at a non-union shop they paid for my insurance.
Every non-union job I have ever had I went to the top pay scale, by performance, not "seniority".
I am thankful for UPS willing to pay the ransom to the union.
That was 25 years ago. Check with those companies now. If they aren't located in China or employing mostly your southern friends, I'm sure insurance is no longer free.

satellitedriver

UPS afforded you that life based on union negotiated wages. Don't ever forget it. You worked until 10 every night for years on your satellite route so the being away from home at the other job doesn't fly.
Doesn't fly?
That is a great pun.
I would have had to flown to different states and countries to make "the big bucks".
I chose a life style.
My satellite route was in the area I lived.
I would stop by my home, bring in the mail and eat lunch.
Stopped by to see my wife where she worked.

Working late was a trade off.
When we were first married, I was working two jobs 14hrs a day 6 days a week and my wife worked 40hrs.
When I worked at UPS I had a side business doing ironwork. My wife worked running a General Store and had a custom stained glass business.
We saved and invested our earnings.
Now, we just do what we want to do.
If you think the union made me a millionaire, then you do not have a clue

satellitedriver

That was 25 years ago. Check with those companies now. If they aren't located in China or employing mostly your southern friends, I'm sure insurance is no longer free.
Correction.
It was 37yrs ago. I made one of the first overhead cranes shipped to China in 1978 under former President Nixon's trade agreement with China.
Funny story about that, if you have the time to read.
I was pissed off about building the crane for China, because I was told it could have no marks on it showing that it was made in America.
Only the finest quality Steel was used.
Inspectors made sure that none of the I-beams, channel iron or angle iron had any USA factory marks on them.
The specs were as high as the crane I was working on for nuclear power plant.
It was only a 5 ton overhead crane for cripes sake.
Evil me popped out.
I knew the engineers and inspectors would scour over every detail when it was finished.
Span and square tolerances of 1/16 of an inch over a 100ft span.
.005 of an inch on the wheel axles.
5/8ths camber on the main I-beam.
Evil me knew they would never look up under the channel iron that was welded on the top of the I-beam as a stiff back.
That is where I stamped my initials, date and made in the USA.
I laugh to myself some times when I use a Chinese made tool.
We shipped all our manufacturing overseas and the unions are a big factor in that global equation.
BTW, insurance in any form is never free.

satellitedriver

Are you taking any prescription meds now, paid for your union insurance?

Sent using BrownCafe App
Nope.
I take no prescription medications.
Also, I am retired and pay for my health insurance.
Granted, it is part of my UPS subsidized -(read as paid for)- union "negotiated" TeamCare retirement health care.
$400 a month. The plan will only pay the maximum of $200,000 in a year on a basic 20/80 insurance policy. Great negotiating teamsters, it is the same policy I could buy from AARP, for the same cost.
I stayed with the retirement policy only because I had a previous existing cancer and I did not trust the future of YOURMOMMACARE forced upon our great nation.

Needless to say, I have a supplement policy that will cover $1,000,000 a year, with carryover.

satellitedriver

Are you taking any prescription meds now, paid for your union insurance?

Sent using BrownCafe App
I just read the posts you wrote that Cheryl deleted.
You crossed the line when you brought up my wife.
Never mention my family again.
I know you think you are just being funny and invisible on the internet.
You are incorrect in the former and the latter.
Fair warning.

Ron Carey lives on

You mean the encyclopedia joke scab? If anybody has been following your posts, there is nothing you don't know or haven't done, you opened yourself up for it. Scabolite your funny

Sent using BrownCafe App