Attendance Policy Question

Oldfart

That just seems really.......bizarre o_O
How so? His wife wanted his friends to be able to attend his funeral and realized there was no way the station could not let 10 to 15 couriers off so they could attend his funeral. Having his service at a time to allow us to attend was a nice gesture. BIZARRE? I guess if you say so.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
How so? His wife wanted his friends to be able to attend his funeral and realized there was no way the station could not let 10 to 15 couriers off so they could attend his funeral. Having his service at a time to allow us to attend was a nice gesture. BIZARRE? I guess if you say so.
That was a very nice gesture on the part of your station management to allow that.

Oldfart

That was a very nice gesture on the part of your station management to allow that.
I know there is some crappy management out there but I guess I am lucky to have decent managers where I am. I guess when some of the managers were not born when I was hired, they tend to get intimidated with multiple 40 years employees. A few weeks back we had a "yard work" day for the courier that passed away to help his widow out. We rakes leaves and cleaned gutters most of the day. Our senior and every station manager was there and they all bought pizza and soft drinks for the volunteers. Good group of people to work for.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
And you wonder why you are being moderated???
No...I'm well aware...it's a joke...that harms nobody...it's no different than you guys constantly talking :censored2: to everyone else. If you're Italian and don't find it funny then I apologize. I'm Irish and I'm perfectly fine being called a mick. Guess everyone has a different thickness of skin.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
No...I'm well aware...it's a joke...that harms nobody...it's no different than you guys constantly talking :censored2: to everyone else. If you're Italian and don't find it funny then I apologize. I'm Irish and I'm perfectly fine being called a mick. Guess everyone has a different thickness of skin.
I think it's more of "time and place". It's fine for your friends to call you a mick, but if a random stranger calls you that, it becomes a fighting word.

Doesn't bother me but I'm sure you offended someone