Attendance Policy Question

dezguy

WHY would you get bereavement for a girlfriends step dad? If you aren't married to a person, you shouldn't get bereavement to attend their stepdads funeral.
For the record, I didn't ask for bereavement. I asked for the day off to attend, unpaid, which was denied.

Oldfart

GET OVER IT!
Kind of funny a perpetual whiner complains that he wasn't granted bereavement for a girlfriends stepdad funeral. Then he claims he didn't expect bereavement pay, yet that is what he was complaining about. Guess he complains so much he can't keep up with everything.

dezguy

Kind of funny a perpetual whiner complains that he wasn't granted bereavement for a girlfriends stepdad funeral. Then he claims he didn't expect bereavement pay, yet that is what he was complaining about. Guess he complains so much he can't keep up with everything.
Bereavement is a universal term, here. I'm sorry, perhaps I should have realized that term is not used elsewhere for funeral leave, whether unpaid or not.

Call me a "perpetual whiner" if you must but I would have thought better of a so called people company, rather than them deny the request on the basis of operational needs when, it was agreed by everyone whom I worked with, at the time; that the station could have gotten along just fine without me being there.

Oldfart

Bereavement is a universal term, here. I'm sorry, perhaps I should have realized that term is not used elsewhere for funeral leave, whether unpaid or not.

Call me a "perpetual whiner" if you must but I would have thought better of a so called people company, rather than them deny the request on the basis of operational needs when, it was agreed by everyone whom I worked with, at the time; that the station could have gotten along just fine without me being there.
I am confident the company could get along fine without you all the time. As much as you whine and complain, you can't be a very good worker. Too busy dwelling on the negatives.

dezguy

I am confident the company could get along fine without you all the time. As much as you whine and complain, you can't be a very good worker. Too busy dwelling on the negatives.
You're probably right. That 7.0 I just got on my review shows how horrible an employee I am. Sure, it could be an aberration but the two 6.9's I got before that would disagree.

Oldfart

You're probably right. That 7.0 I just got on my review shows how horrible an employee I am. Sure, it could be an aberration but the two 6.9's I got before that would disagree.
Review? What is that? Haven't seen one of those in years. Maybe yours is on a scale of 1 to 10.

dezguy

Review? What is that? Haven't seen one of those in years. Maybe yours is on a scale of 1 to 10.
We still have performance reviews here.

Funny how you loath those who speak their mind about the company you love and tell them they can't be good workers because they are too mean to FedEx.

Seems to me, you're trying to convince yourself of something. LOL

Oldfart

Anyone can claim any number they want on a review. In all of my years on the job, people that whine and complain like you are very rarely a valuable asset to the company. We have several whiners like you at my station and they are neither an asset or a person most others would want to work around.

dezguy

Anyone can claim any number they want on a review. In all of my years on the job, people that whine and complain like you are very rarely a valuable asset to the company. We have several whiners like you at my station and they are neither an asset or a person most others would want to work around.
Awwww, muffin! Are you mad because you never got a 7.0 score? It's OK. I'm sure you're an adequate courier. Don't worry. When you retire, they'll hire a kid off the street to replace you and get the same level of performance.

Your precious company will survive after you're gone.

Oldfart

Awwww, muffin! Are you mad because you never got a 7.0 score? It's OK. I'm sure you're an adequate courier. Don't worry. When you retire, they'll hire a kid off the street to replace you and get the same level of performance.

Your precious company will survive after you're gone.
He might be as good as me but him or YOU will never make as much as me or have the same 2 pensions as me and that burns you up.

dezguy

He might be as good as me but him or YOU will never make as much as me or have the same 2 pensions as me and that burns you up.
How do you know how much I make? For all you know, I very well may be making more than you.

As for the pension issue, as I've mentioned before, you don't need to worry about me. I'm going to be just fine in retirement.

The only jealousy I have is that you get to retire before me.

dezguy

On a totally unrelated note, isn't it your Thanksgiving down there? Shouldn't you be spending time with your loved ones instead of on brown cafe, telling people how miserable they are? I guess you must not like your loved ones very much, or is it the other way around?

Guess it takes a miserable to know a miserable, eh? lol

Last edited:

Oldfart

On a totally unrelated note, isn't it your Thanksgiving down there? Shouldn't you be spending time with your loved ones instead of on brown cafe, telling people how miserable they are? I guess you must not like your loved ones very much, or is it the other way around?

Guess it takes a miserable to know a miserable, eh? lol
It was halftime of the Colts, Steelers game. Not much of a game. Just enjoying my 3rd NFL game today and getting ready for Iron Bowl game Saturday. You haven't lived until you have been to Bryant Denny Stadium for a Tide game. I can't wait to get to my seat.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
How so? His wife wanted his friends to be able to attend his funeral and realized there was no way the station could not let 10 to 15 couriers off so they could attend his funeral. Having his service at a time to allow us to attend was a nice gesture. BIZARRE? I guess if you say so.
We had a courier many years ago killed on the job. On the day of the funeral, couriers and CSAs from surrounding stations were brought in to cover our station. Every employee was able to attend the funeral without having to be in uniform or lining the street outside the church with crappy company vans. Oh, and it was treated as a paid work day as well. Now that was a nice gesture. But that was back when it was Federal Express, not this shell of an outfit it's become.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It was halftime of the Colts, Steelers game. Not much of a game. Just enjoying my 3rd NFL game today and getting ready for Iron Bowl game Saturday. You haven't lived until you have been to Bryant Denny Stadium for a Tide game. I can't wait to get to my seat.

Are you planning on tailgating?