Aug 1 70 cent raise!! How much will you be making?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
These states have no personal income taxes. Notice how these states are among those with the best balance sheets. States which tax the most are those with the most debt. California, ect...
  • Alaska
  • Florida
  • Nevada
  • New Hampshire
  • South Dakota
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Washington
  • Wyoming
They have to get their money from somewhere else, the cost to build a road can't change that much state to state.

kingOFchester

I totally got your point----I disregarded it.

It is your choice to live and work wherever you like.

Why do you feel it fair that you earn more than me for the same work?

Resident know-it-all.

I am with you on this.

Lets cut the 25 and out pension where you are to match the lowest pension. Just like they did with my HC.

Why do you feel it is fair that you get more of a pension then me for the same work?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In Alaska we have no state income tax and no state sales tax. We let the oil companies pay for it all!

Plus we receive the Permanent Fund Dividend, each Alaskan gets a share of the earnings made on the state owned Permanent Fund which is basically a ginormous savings account of oil royalty money.

How's that Exxon Valdez clean-up going?

kingOFchester

I never said it was fair; in fact, it is the generosity of our pension fund that will ultimately bankrupt it.

New hires have already been told that they will receive a greatly reduced pension ($2-3K/month) upon retirement.

You may not of said " it was fair", but you did say the following:

My post:
Ok, what if I said you will now get the same as a guy in my local with the same number of years in as you?

Oh, thats right, you will not answer do to it not being about the topic on hand. Carry on.

Your response:

I will answer by saying that I am sorry that the rest of the country does not enjoy the same pension as those of us in Upstate NY and the Western Conference.

I would be lying if I said that I would be willing to give up any of it.

Resident know-it-all.

So now you are saying you would not be willing to give up any of your pension so you could help keep the new drivers from getting a lot less of a pension.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
images-135.jpeg

kingOFchester

Ok. Now I understand who you are.

You think everyone should get the same pay.

You think we should all have the same HC.

You are unwilling to give up any of your pension so those retiring with you in other locals could get the same as you....even though everyone has done the "same work" to get to retirement.

You are unwilling to give up any of your pension so junior drivers in your local can get what you get when they retire......even though everyone has done the "same work" to get to retirement.

You even go as far as to admit that your healthy pension is coming at the price of the new drivers by a substantially less pension they will receive upon retirement.

So as long as Teamsters are being brought down to your level, you are ok with it. But on issues where you would be brought down to other Teamsters levels, you are not ok with.

Stand up guy. Me-ster??

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's nice to see that we are on the same page.

My projected pension is roughly $5K/month. Recent retirees have been closer to $6K while older retirees receive nearly $7K/month. Did I bitch that I wasn't getting the same pension as those who retired before me? No because I understand that our multi-employer pension fund is in critical status and that I should be thankful that I will getting anywhere near what I am projected to get. Does it suck that new hires will be performing the same work for a longer period of time for less than half of the pension? Absolutely. Would I be willing to take a lesser pension to ensure that those who follow will receive a pension increase? Absolutely not. Would I be willing to take a lesser pension to ensure that UPSers in other locals would receive a more equitable pension? Absolutely not.

I truly hope that UPS buys out of our pension, like they did in Boston. Yes, it would decimate the pension fund, but at least our pensions would be protected. Our pension fund is being hurt by those employers who have either stopped contributing (YRC), those who are looking to buy out their obligation (Graymont) or those who are behind in their contributions.

Truth be told, this would be much easier if every UPSer were covered by the same set of rules, which would include the same pension requirements and monthly payment amount.

Overpaid Union Thug

....and whether that it is right, wrong or indifferent is not for me to decide....
Well......not exactly. There is always that thing where everyone, or a majority, that's in your pension plan could vote to bring down their own payments so that future participants could still reap the rewards. But that will never happen.

JL 0513

So guys like me 25+ years out from retirement may be looking at little to no pension and possibly no social security as well as much less savings than previous generations (it's fact that savings rates are way down throughout the country).

Should be an interesting future. :sad2: