Don’t know how legitimate the info is…

Thebrownblob

Get out of your bubble and you will see what is ALREADY taking place across the country. Communication and plans have already been distributed. The company is larger than the small package building your in. Because you haven't heard it, it doesn't mean the wheels aren't in motion.
Lol I’m in one of the largest hubs in the nation😂 nobody in management has a clue what’s happening anymore than we do. It will take weeks and weeks to get the operation running. At even a fraction of what it is now That’s a guarantee, if it ever gets running.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Lol I’m in one of the largest hubs in the nation😂 nobody in management has a clue what’s happening anymore than we do. It will take weeks and weeks to get the operation running. At even a fraction of what it is now That’s a guarantee, if it ever gets running.
Right. And when you have overhead like UPS has, they can’t afford to take weeks and weeks to figure it out.

Arizax2

:lol: let me guess meadowlands

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Yesterday my Full Time manager sat down with me and explained that UPS is doing some restructuring and that i may lose my job in the mist of things. Im a a non union UPSer who works in a temp depatment. I came into the job as a temp but was hired on the continue to do the same job as a UPSer. Last night I was handed a packet titled "Separation Allowance Plan". From what i understand from reading the packet is that my job is pretty much up in the air and that if someone with more senority wants my position they can take it. However UPS has an option to offer me a job else where in the building or a different location. Today i will go back to my full timer and asks the questions that i have about it because it makes no sense to me at all. My location is still hiring new people almost everyday! Hell my department is getting 2 new paeople today. I dont understand how my job can just be givin away like that.I put in my letter to become a supervisor last month and had a excellent chance of getting the p/t sup position when my current sup gets promoted but now im not even sure i will have a job by next week.

Scary part about it is with the packet came a 2 page list of employee IDs totaling up to 262 of who might get the axe. Apparently if i dont get an offer for a job in UPS then i will be officaly laid off. February 16, 2009 is when the job selection process begins. BTW my UPS is in NJ

Get out of your bubble and you will see what is ALREADY taking place across the country. Communication and plans have already been distributed. The company is larger than the small package building your in. Because you haven't heard it, it doesn't mean the wheels aren't in motion.

Still afraid of downsizing?

Still a part time supervisor, if so how are you privy to the Company’s “Communication and plans”..?

Last edited:

Arizax2

Still afraid of downsizing?
Nope. Not anymore. I learned alot on how things operate here and took the opportunity to add to my skill set that I can shift to different functions if an opportunity presents itself. If :censored2: doesn't work out for whatever reason, I atleast got a free degree paid for by UPS that I can use elsewhere. I tell folks to make the best of what the company offers while we have it.

DELACROIX

Nope. Not anymore. I learned alot on how things operate here and took the opportunity to add to my skill set that I can shift to different functions if an opportunity presents itself. If :censored2: doesn't work out for whatever reason, I atleast got a free degree paid for by UPS that I can use elsewhere. I tell folks to make the best of what the company offers while we have it.

Good luck on your future endeavors..👍

9.5mania

Get out of your bubble and you will see what is ALREADY taking place across the country. Communication and plans have already been distributed. The company is larger than the small package building you’re in. Because you haven't heard it, it doesn't mean the wheels aren't in motion.
Sir, I’ve witnessed how this company’s plans come to fruition every peak and I’m just flabbergasted that it sneaks up on them every year. I would also like to point out that management nowadays are just people who couldn’t make it as drivers, I cant see them coming in clutch and making those deliveries. Pardon us if your plans don’t frighten anyone here.

Arizax2

Management will be the first to go. Half of them don’t even do anything.
Buyout have already been offered.
Alot of mangment folks in non ops functions internationally We're put on non-paid leave
Cut backs are happening everywhere

The prep is already there to lessen the blow if things get rough

Arizax2

Sir, I’ve witnessed how this company’s plans come to fruition every peak and I’m just flabbergasted that it sneaks up on them every year. I would also like to point out that management nowadays are just people who couldn’t make it as drivers, I cant see them coming in clutch and making those deliveries. Pardon us if your plans don’t frighten anyone here.
Not looking to frighten anyone. I do agree that peak prep gets rough but that's when we were over flown with Amazon packages that don't make us any money. When we finally started saying No to accounts that don't make us money things got better atleast

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Alot of mangment folks in non ops functions internationally We're put on non-paid leave

I’m aware. I’m in the second largest hub in the southeast, former HQ. As long as we are still on the topic of flexing about the size of our hubs for some reason.

DELACROIX

You could go into a Union position if it gets that rough…

:hugs: