August 1st will be here soon...

Screenshot_20230413-145415-044.png

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
If there's one thing UPS is consistently terrible at it's planning ahead and being prepared for things that they have plenty of advance notice for.
We gave them a blue print with pvds.. it will be bad no doubt but I honestly don’t think it will be catastrophic for them. Time will tell. Worried more about the leadership of union and the scabs that will jump. Heck in my center all these kids got new lifted 80k trucks to pay for lol

Pullman Brown

We gave them a blue print with pvds.. it will be bad no doubt but I honestly don’t think it will be catastrophic for them. Time will tell. Worried more about the leadership of union and the scabs that will jump. Heck in my center all these kids got new lifted 80k trucks to pay for lol

Nobody wants catastrophe just bad enough to get a good deal.

MostHelpNeeded

Are the PVD's gonna drive the trucks? The packages don't just appear. I'm hoping the pilots would honor the strike again. Nothing moves if we stop, no matter what BS you hear.

PT Car Washer

Are the PVD's gonna drive the trucks? The packages don't just appear. I'm hoping the pilots would honor the strike again. Nothing moves if we stop, no matter what BS you hear.
Can't have deliveries without pick ups. Sure their are a lot of right wing scabs who would love to take our Feeder runs (they do now) but who is going to unload, sort and load the packages.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
I wouldn’t worry much if the pilots honor the strike along with the feedahs, but yeah I am sure there’s going to be a lot of clueless idiots crossing the line. But they’ll soon learn to regret it, haha.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
They might as well.. not much difference between pvds driving the trucks or all the people during Covid they pushed through driving school that have no idea wtf they are doing lol

542thruNthru

Can't have deliveries without pick ups. Sure their are a lot of right wing scabs who would love to take our Feeder runs (they do now) but who is going to unload, sort and load the packages.
Would you unload and sort packages for 3 or 4 hours and then deliver out of your own vehicle for 8 to 10 hours for $45 and hour plus OT. I know a ton of people that would.

542thruNthru

Good luck doing that 50 piece box stop
That's what the ORS are for.

Look I'm not saying they will be business as usual but things are different than 97. The company will have the ability to move some volume in my opinion. If you think about it, how many runners/multi divorce/management suck ups that you know will start to lose their :censored2: if they start seeing some trucks and a bunch of PVDs leaving the building by week 2? How many do you think will stand their ground? That's not even taking into account the RTW scabs that probably won't even walk with us.

Hope for the best. Plan for the worst.