August 1st will be here soon...

That's what the ORS are for.

Look I'm not saying they will be business as usual but things are different than 97. The company will have the ability to move some volume in my opinion. If you think about it, how many runners/multi divorce/management suck ups that you know will start to lose their :censored2: if they start seeing some trucks and a bunch of PVDs leaving the building by week 2? How many do you think will stand their ground? That's not even taking into account the RTW scabs that probably won't even walk with us.

Hope for the best. Plan for the worst.
We can barely get the job done now with people knowing how to do the job.

But it might be worth it to walk out just to see my lazy boss actually do some work for today. LoL

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Being a PVD without commercial insurance is also pretty risky.

Just imagine the recent liability caused by that sick Fedex Ground employee who ran over and then murdered that young girl. I do not think being an independent subcontractor will cut the mustard in a civil suit, these corporations will be held accountable for, it will cost Fedex millions..a lot personal injury lawyers out there..so go on send a scab out on the road to prove a point..

542thruNthru

How come they don't work here yet?
Because they won't get paid that unless it's a strike. A FT driver makes $42.33 here. That not including the $13 an hour that goes to our pension or the Healthcare contributions. Paying a PVD to sort/load and delivers is a discount at $45 and hour.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
That is absolutely true.
IMHO, other than going public, having management that doesn’t know the job is the single biggest problem from which many other problems stem from. My first center manager, the prince of darkness, even had driving experience. And he would occasionally go out on the road with a driver, not to bust balls but just to stay current with whatever changes were made. Not anymore

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
IMHO, other than going public, having management that doesn’t know the job is the single biggest problem from which many other problems stem from. My first center manager, the prince of darkness, even had driving experience. And he would occasionally go out on the road with a driver, not to bust balls but just to stay current with whatever changes were made. Not anymore

“Prince of darkness”…cool metaphor…👍

542thruNthru

That is absolutely true.

Knew it was you two agree monkeys before I even clicked on in.