August 1st will be here soon...

Thebrownblob

Strike pay? Drivers make $2k a week.
And? If they want to keep that same level of compensation, they’ll be ready to do whatever is necessary, it’s the company’s decision. Believe it or not @Wally there are times in life when you have to make a stand for yourself and others and not be a coward. Because if you don’t eventually, the good thing you have will be worthless.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
That won't even cover @burrheadd's "special medicine" tab.
52B413FC-A69C-48AE-BE76-4C15CFE5A795.gif

Trucker Clock

And? If they want to keep that same level of compensation, they’ll be ready to do whatever is necessary, it’s the company’s decision. Believe it or not @Wally there are times in life when you have to make a stand for yourself and others and not be a coward. Because if you don’t eventually, the good thing you have will be worthless.

True, with a caveat.

We can't expect to get everything at once. A strike may be necessary, but I hope it would be for the right reasons. Because, if we strike, we will lose a lot of lower seniority employees that will probably never come back. If we're fighting for the unborn, for the new guys, well, there won't be any for a long time.

Get rid of PVD's
Get rid of 22.4's
Get rid of harassment
Get rid of any hours over 9.5
Increase pay by 20% over the life of the contract.
Increase pay for part timers. (What's the sense in striking to increase starting pay? There will be no new hires for years to come.)

To expect everything this contract? Well, I hope it is not just a power play by O'Brien to show UPS who is boss.

A little at a time.

I've said it before. A strike may be necessary but it is a last resort.

This article is by the same guy that predicted a contract by June 30, but his opinion is not wrong in this article. God help us.

Thebrownblob

True, with a caveat.

We can't expect to get everything at once. A strike may be necessary, but I hope it would be for the right reasons. Because, if we strike, we will lose a lot of lower seniority employees that will probably never come back. If we're fighting for the unborn, for the new guys, well, there won't be any for a long time.

Get rid of PVD's
Get rid of 22.4's
Get rid of harassment
Increase pay for part timers. (What's the sense in striking to increase starting pay? There will be no new hires for years to come.)

To expect everything this contract? Well, I hope it is not just a power play by O'Brien to show UPS who is boss.

A little at a time.

This article is by the same guy that predicted a contract by June 30, but his opinion is not wrong in this article. God help us.

Definitely agree we won’t get everything but so far the company is offering nothing.

And the idiot that wrote the article is a maroon. He’s wrong on 90% of his facts and he’s also wrong because he believes the people who work there do not understand what a good contract would look like because he thinks that Teamsters are too stupid to figure it out.

We’ve had this discussion about this article, and why isn’t that guy saying UPS need to do the right thing? They have a brilliant opportunity right now to get this contract over and done with one of their competitors wounded, and the other one really unwilling to take more volume. Make a reasonable offer. And all of this talk, it’s over in less than 60 days.

Definitely agree we won’t get everything but so far the company is offering nothing.

And the idiot that wrote the article is a maroon. He’s wrong on 90% of his facts and he’s also wrong because he believes the people who work there do not understand what a good contract would look like because he thinks that Teamsters are too stupid to figure it out.

We’ve had this discussion about this article, and why isn’t that guy saying UPS need to do the right thing? They have a brilliant opportunity right now to get this contract over and done with one of their competitors wounded, and the other one really unwilling to take more volume. Make a reasonable offer. And all of this talk, it’s over in less than 60 days.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
True, with a caveat.

Get rid of PVD's
Get rid of 22.4's
Get rid of harassment

A little at a time.

You never will get rid of overtime. Make anything over 9.5 automatic 2x time. The company will pay. Stop all the grievance nonsense.

Thebrownblob

Lots of large contracts getting taken care of while UPS plays games and tries to blame it on the Teamsters? And they have their lackeys in the media helping like Jindal.
Guys got a lot of nerve saying we should not bite the hand that feeds us. How about they don’t bite the hand that does all the hard work for them?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Lots of large contracts getting taken care of while UPS plays games and tries to blame it on the Teamsters? And they have their lackeys in the media helping like Jindal.
Guys got a lot of nerve saying we should not bite the hand that feeds us. How about they don’t bite the hand that does all the hard work for them?
Hear! Hear!

There's no reason why they shouldn't give us a fair contract.

Especially the way they raise a dividend and taken care of their shareholders