August 1st will be here soon...

Trucker Clock

Definitely agree we won’t get everything but so far the company is offering nothing.

And the idiot that wrote the article is a maroon. He’s wrong on 90% of his facts and he’s also wrong because he believes the people who work there do not understand what a good contract would look like because he thinks that Teamsters are too stupid to figure it out.

We’ve had this discussion about this article, and why isn’t that guy saying UPS need to do the right thing? They have a brilliant opportunity right now to get this contract over and done with one of their competitors wounded, and the other one really unwilling to take more volume. Make a reasonable offer. And all of this talk, it’s over in less than 60 days.

I agree. And I think he is right about more than 10% of the article, but the good news is that UPS can see an outsiders view of how it will hurt them to not get this over with.

I saw those supposed frantic calls from UPS negotiators when O'Brien refused to start talks on the National until the Supplements were wrapped up.

Maybe a good sign. It at least looks like they are trying to get it done. Time will tell.

Thebrownblob

I agree. And I think he is right about more than 10% of the article, but the good news is that UPS can see an outsiders view of how it will hurt them to not get this over with.

I saw those supposed frantic calls from UPS negotiators when O'Brien refused to start talks on the National until the Supplements were wrapped up.

Maybe a good sign. It at least looks like they are trying to get it done. Time will tell.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
And the idiot that wrote the article is a maroon. He’s wrong on 90% of his facts and he’s also wrong because he believes the people who work there do not understand what a good contract would look like because he thinks that Teamsters are too stupid to figure it out.

A paid UPS consultant.... is now warning the Teamsters ?

Thebrownblob

I'm just saying you could probably get enough of volunteers for double time
Correct and I never want to limit what others might want to do, whether I do or not everybody situation is different. And there have been times in my career where I did not mind earning some extra money, but I’ve never liked being told. I have to come in on a day off.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Correct and I never want to limit what others might want to do, whether I do or not everybody situation is different. And there have been times in my career where I did not mind earning some extra money, but I’ve never liked being told. I have to come in on a day off.
Don’t force me bitch

Pullman Brown

Agree. I’ll work six punch to provide for my family but I don’t want to be forced!

Thebrownblob

Agree. I’ll work six punch to provide for my family but I don’t want to be forced!
That’s right and that’s why I said if the company is worried that if they can’t force people won’t come in then offer double time and they’ll probably never have problems getting people who WANT the overtime on the six day.

They did do that to us on Christmas Eve.

Then they tried calling everybody morning said we don't need you

And I Said EFFU buddy.

Gumby is grumpy and I'm going to make some money today

I don't play those games