Backed into pole! Aghrr

NonDeliverOtherMissed

If they pcm YOUR accident tomorrow at our center I'm gonna chuckle . If they pcm it and say one of OUR drivers backed into a pole I'm going to LOL!!.....your fine, have fun on that safety ride tomorrow. Make sure u study ur ten pt, 5 habits and other normal safety questions, just so u don't look like such a putz

NonDeliverOtherMissed

99.9% of drivers are excellent service providers. But every building has at least one dumb truck driver that somehow qualified
Agree...we have a guy all he does is run OAS...probably making 60 grand doing it too...he qualified but just to dumb for management to trust him on a run, ALWAYS needs helps when they do.

35years

Gravy route
I call them all in, no matter how small. Call the center manager since he is the most likely to want to cover it up. Tell them you don't care if they want to call it an accident or not. Little dings and cracked mirrors will not get you permanently terminated; period. Not reporting will.

They don't want you to report because it shifts the risk to the driver. If you don't report, and no one finds out, they avoid an accident for the center. If someone finds out they can say the driver was a bad apple and lied, nothing they can do about that. Don't be scared by theim making a big deal out of a tiny mistake. Report them all and let the center take the hit, you will sleep well and stay employed.

35years

Gravy route
Ya I messaged the center. Not gonna try to hide it and get caught because then your just. FIRED. friend it
If they did not have you fill out an hour of paperwork in the evening they are probably going to cover it up. Don't say anything to management or drivers about it unless they ask. They could still give you a warning letter for a safety "incident" (not an accident), or not following safe work methods. In this case inform your steward. At that point the center manager may be in a bind because he didn't have you fill out an accident report. So the steward or BA will advise you to push it and get the warning letter dropped, or don't push it because you may end up with an avoidable accident that way.

Either way, don't sweat it. The only way they can hurt you with a warning letter is if they wrap it around a brick.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
U.S. Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx announced Tuesday that, effective Dec. 18, 2014, professional truck drivers will no longer have to comply with a burdensome daily paperwork requirement associated with completing daily vehicle inspection reports (DVIR) when no defects were found.

QKRSTKR

I still sign off my Dvir everyday for my tractor, as well as my ccr for all trailers and dollys I pull. I'll just stop doing that and see what happens.

What happened to the O P? Discharge for not properly reporting an accident? We had a driver back into a tree and dent the bumper bad. He just wrote it up in the dvir for the mechanic to replace. Strangely enough I don't think he ever worked again after that day.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I still sign off my Dvir everyday for my tractor, as well as my ccr for all trailers and dollys I pull. I'll just stop doing that and see what happens.

What happened to the O P? Discharge for not properly reporting an accident? We had a driver back into a tree and dent the bumper bad. He just wrote it up in the dvir for the mechanic to replace. Strangely enough I don't think he ever worked again after that day.

Funny how things work. We had a kid once who backed into a pole fast enough that it bent a perfect half-circle in the bumper.

However, his father owned the building we were in.

Take a wild guess how that shook out.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
We were told you did still have to sign it in the AM, to show you did the pretrip. It's the "filling out" portion that seems to be the issue. If nothing's wrong, we were told, you could skip the safety/non safety write up and sign off in the PM. Not surprising it's been said different ways in different areas.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We were told you did still have to sign it in the AM, to show you did the pretrip. It's the "filling out" portion that seems to be the issue. If nothing's wrong, we were told, you could skip the safety/non safety write up and sign off in the PM. Not surprising it's been said different ways in different areas.

So the only difference is not turning the yellow copy in every day.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....

You acknowledge the pretrip was performed during your diad log on.