Bc back@sswards

Discussion in 'Life After Brown' started by fethrs, Sep 20, 2009.

1. fethrs

fethrs Well-Known Member

Is it me and the mac or what? The bc forum and whos in chat that used to be on the left are now on the right. I've only had 2 beers so I know it's not me. Anyone else see it this way?

2. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

No, looks fine.

3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

It's not just you, fethrs. Close your browser window, re-open it and you should be fine.

4. klein

klein Für Meno :)

Macs and beers don't mix, feth...

5. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

It is backwards. I think Cheryls been playing again. LOL

6. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

I closed my browser and even rebooted my computer, it made no difference. It is STILL backwards. :dissapointed:

7. UpstateNYUPSer

...neither do beers and employment.:happy2:

(When you serve up a volleyball expect it to get spiked.)

8. fethrs

fethrs Well-Known Member

You know I don't believe you, I know how you are, I've been Hoaxed before, besides look at the other posts..neener, neener.:happy2:

9. fethrs

fethrs Well-Known Member

It's almost expected of me to call in on Mondays during football season, and I will not get in trouble for it, after all, they are trying to save hours....so CHEERS Upstate this one is for you.:peaceful:

That's the good thing about not being a driver.
    It's good to be me.

10. stevetheupsguy

stevetheupsguy sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

No, dilli, you have to shut down and turn your puter around 3 times, and then it will be back to normal when you start up.:happy2:
    Just look at your monitor through a mirror and you'll be fine.:wink2:

How about beers and the Jets? Volleyballs ain't the only things getting spiked, or even spanked, for that matter, around here today.......LOL:surprised:

11. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

That was a GREAT game!!!!!!!! :happy-very:

12. cheryl

cheryl I started this. Staff Member

Yep, the menus are on the right now based upon some info I heard while listening to Leo Leport today. I'm having a hard time getting used to it...

13. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

What is the info that you heard? :happy2:

14. Monkey Butt

The info is that if the consultant that is pushing this idea can convince all the Internet Gurus to do this, he/she will became a multi-millionaire and companies will spend hundreds of millions of dollars to change their websites so that nav will be on the right side.
    The use of the term C-clamp will be obsolete and be replaced with Right-bracket.

I actually like it better.
    Should be better on an i-phone or Blackberry.

15. UpstateNYUPSer

My quote was directed to our unemployed Canadian friend. Last I heard he was heading to moreluck's house for dinner.

16. stevetheupsguy

Who's Leo LeFart?

17. cheryl

cheryl I started this. Staff Member

Some search engines only index the first 1500 characters of the source code of a web page. The first source code of all of the pages of this site were the left column navigation menus and ads so they weren't being fully indexed.

If I understood him correctly it's supposed to be better to put repetitive functions, like navigation menus and ads, on the other side...

Hoax has a good point too, it works better on small screens like phones.

Leo LePort is a tech talk show host I like to listen to. He talks about computers, home theater, photography, cellphones... anything with a chip in it. I've learned some really interesting stuff from him.

18. stevetheupsguy

Congratulations on your official 2000th post, Cheryl. I would have started a thread when I saw you getting close, but I know you're shy and elusive, so I decided to just give you your props right here.:happy2:

19. cachsux

cachsux Wah

What the heck is this?! Bizzaro world? Hoax has been banned for cursing,Tie is a Teamster BA,and Klein has made Moreluck`s friends list!
    Put it back,Put it back!

20. Monkey Butt

That's why it is important to put your metadata in the header info to facilitate search-engine optimization
    This is very important for heavy static content sites but gets trickier with dynamically generated pages.
    Never thought about the difference between a site like BC and UPS.com.