Being pushed to resign

Fishbulb

Ok so here's my deal as of now: I've got 3 weeks of phys therapy left & my sciatic nerve is acting up again. The second operation went well, I was miserable for the 1st week afterwards, trouble walking, getting out of bed & even going to the bathroom. A week after that I started walking & stretching & I was pain free until I went back to phys therapy. The doctor isnt disqualifying me from work but he keeps telling me I shouldnt go back to UPS. I would love to keep my job driving or even some other position at UPS but I dont want to risk another injury, especially when I dont feel I'm 100%. I'd rather not leave UPS but if its between my health & my job I guess I dont have a choice. So do I resign & struggle to find another job & admit defeat to these crooks or go back to UPS & risk getting injured again because this doc is gonna send me back to work even though I'm still in pain?

Fnix

Ok so here's my deal as of now: I've got 3 weeks of phys therapy left & my sciatic nerve is acting up again. The second operation went well, I was miserable for the 1st week afterwards, trouble walking, getting out of bed & even going to the bathroom. A week after that I started walking & stretching & I was pain free until I went back to phys therapy. The doctor isnt disqualifying me from work but he keeps telling me I shouldnt go back to UPS. I would love to keep my job driving or even some other position at UPS but I dont want to risk another injury, especially when I dont feel I'm 100%. I'd rather not leave UPS but if its between my health & my job I guess I dont have a choice. So do I resign & struggle to find another job & admit defeat to these crooks or go back to UPS & risk getting injured again because this doc is gonna send me back to work even though I'm still in pain?

There are other jobs out there. They may not pay as well but you keep your health. It depends how far in you are and totally up to you. Then again what is the point in continuing only to retire without being able to move.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

I'd try and stay and see what the future brings, but that's just me.

tritese

tritese
"New contract has a provision I do not like. When the Doc says you are at MMI UPS can cut you loose." that first statement is from braveheart. i too have heard from a shop steward that you do not want a doc to say you will not improve. new language does say ups can get rid of you!! be very careful with injuries on the job. ups does NOT care about you.