Bid Route Cut

jr32bad

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1464283909.443201.jpg

8 Hour Day

My route is sometimes cut in the slow months. My management team is simply too incompetent to make sure to make sure I'm on a route. If I've been working my butt off, I'm certainly not doing their job and asking the more senior drivers if they want the day off. I'll usually slip out the door.

I think the OP is right... go home. If other drivers get upset, maybe they should pay attention to the staffing or bid on a different route next go round.

Better yet, show up at the exact time you're supposed to (when it's really too late to be shuffling drivers around), and quietly and politely tell your supe and ctr mgr you would like to work. They tend to ignore polite people. When all the routes have left the hub, sitting there clocked in with your DIAD in your hands, ask what you're running. I started doing that out of frustration with fighting for a route after they'd cut mine.

It ticks then off, but makes a point& gets me an easy 8 hour day.:D

ITwannabe

That's the way it was Wally ,, you are from the old school and didn't get a pat on the back or a trophy !!
Yeah well when you only had 65 stops and 100 pieces running in the blind was easy. Now you get sent out with an over dispatched base rout that has some random cuts pasted together with ORION which makes going in the blind more difficult and on top of that your truck is plugged...good luck.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Yeah well when you only had 65 stops and 100 pieces running in the blind was easy. Now you get sent out with an over dispatched base rout that has some random cuts pasted together with ORION which makes going in the blind more difficult and on top of that your truck is plugged...good luck.
image.jpg

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Oh so your saying we didn't get hammered out there in the 80's and 90's ??? That's funny ,, I got aches and pains today that will dispute that