Bid route of 9 years eliminated

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by adam nevill, Aug 24, 2014.

1. addcut

addcut New Member

Our center just split into 2 centers and many routes were changed some to the point of not existing. My bI'd route of nine years No longer exists. I was told to run any route that I choose which has a cover driver on it. I did so but last week they told me to run different areas . What recourse and rights do I have? I've heard answers to the extreme that I don't have to work and still get.paid since my BID route was removed before the new bid. Can I be used however they please?? Thanks...I'M not the only this happened to.

2. You can follow your work if you have seniority. How many ways was your route split?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

You can follow the majority of your work.

4. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

You can follow the majority of the work.

5. addcut

addcut New Member

It was split 3 ways. A split car had to be created as well in the area. So just pieces of the old route here and there by No means close to it's whole.
    I'M fine with sitting on 1 unbid area but not as a cover driver on numerous routes.We bid on areas for that reason. Thanks

6. CHALLY9TX

CHALLY9TX Active Member

Depending on you supplement you have a few options. You have the right to follow the work. Which ever route took most of the work is the route you can take. You can also have the loops that took your work be rebidded just between you and the drivers in that loop.

Sent using BrownCafe App

7. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Or if over 50% didn't go somewhere you can bump anyone under you off their bud route.

8. Rainman

Rainman Its all good.

Of your route is declared permanently cut, you can bump any junior driver. Depending on the supplement, they may also be able to bump down.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

9. This happened at my center, you can take any route from a driver that has less seniority then you.

Sent using BrownCafe App

10. addcut

addcut New Member

Thanks for the great replies. I appreciate it and will be addressing this first thing.

11. addcut

addcut New Member

Would that mean bump any junior driver on a bid route?

12. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

It depends on your supplement. You need to either talk to your steward or read the contract, including your local supplement.

13. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

You should take whatever work UPS offers, because you are a team player and care about the operation.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  14. ZQXC

ZQXC Guest

OK, Upstate

15. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

I hope he was being facetious

Sent from my 28 year old brown truck

• Agree Agree x 1