Biden - Tology

moreluck

golden ticket member
5dv340.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Where's Joe with all of this crap going on ??????

Is he afraid of getting mud splashed on his white Sansabelt slacks ??

moreluck

golden ticket member
So when will he be calling for the impeachment of Barack Obama? From 2007:

Via SeacoastOnline:

PORTSMOUTH — Presidential hopeful Delaware Sen. Joe Biden stated unequivocally that he will move to impeach President Bush if he bombs Iran without first gaining congressional approval.

Biden spoke in front of a crowd of approximately 100 at a candidate forum held Thursday at Seacoast Media Group. The forum focused on the Iraq war and foreign policy. When an audience member expressed fear of a war with Iran, Biden said he does not typically engage in threats, but had no qualms about issuing a direct warning to the Oval Office.

“The president has no authority to unilaterally attack Iran, and if he does, as Foreign Relations Committee chairman, I will move to impeach,” said Biden, whose words were followed by a raucous applause from the local audience.

Biden said he is in the process of meeting with constitutional law experts to prepare a legal memorandum saying as much and intends to send it to the president.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
So when will he be calling for the impeachment of Barack Obama? From 2007:

Via SeacoastOnline:
PORTSMOUTH — Presidential hopeful Delaware Sen. Joe Biden stated unequivocally that he will move to impeach President Bush if he bombs Iran without first gaining congressional approval.

Biden spoke in front of a crowd of approximately 100 at a candidate forum held Thursday at Seacoast Media Group. The forum focused on the Iraq war and foreign policy. When an audience member expressed fear of a war with Iran, Biden said he does not typically engage in threats, but had no qualms about issuing a direct warning to the Oval Office.

“The president has no authority to unilaterally attack Iran, and if he does, as Foreign Relations Committee chairman, I will move to impeach,” said Biden, whose words were followed by a raucous applause from the local audience.

Biden said he is in the process of meeting with constitutional law experts to prepare a legal memorandum saying as much and intends to send it to the president.

When he bombs Iran without congressional approval.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
He does not care .
He drew his red line over a year ago , yet never once ask Congress for permission in all that time .
Now he is ready to involve the USA in a conflict that could start WWIII .

And when did Congress approve of all those drone & cruise missile strikes in Yemen ?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
He does not care .
He drew his red line over a year ago , yet never once ask Congress for permission in all that time .
Now he is ready to involve the USA in a conflict that could start WWIII .

And when did Congress approve of all those drone & cruise missile strikes in Yemen ?
Congress doesn't have to approve drone strikes, that's the problem. They seriously need to rewrite the War Powers Resolution, or make new laws altogether. Congress hasn't declared war since WW2.

Funny thing is, Republicans are now finally claiming to be against these military interventions , Democrats have been claiming to be against them for years, yet no one on either side of the aisle does anything about it. Why would they want to limit the power they might have one day.

"The government doesn't care about you.....It's interested in its own power. That's the only thing. Keeping it and expanding it wherever possible."
George Carlin

moreluck

golden ticket member
Nobody should be for or against military intervention, in a blanket statement.
Each situation should be judged by itself.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Nobody should be for or against military intervention, in a blanket statement.
Each situation should be judged by itself.
So that way when a republican does it, it is ok.... but when Obama does it, it is wrong..... that's convenient.

When I say intervention, I don't mean responding to an attack on US soil. I mean preventive war, such as bombing Iran simply for having nuclear capabilities.

“Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked about such a thing.”
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Want to know what I miss ?
During the Bush years , every weekend there were some people always holding an anti-war rally , be it nothing more then a few holding candles in the town's center or a well organized march.
Seems since bhos took office those same people are no where to be found .

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Want to know what I miss ?
During the Bush years , every weekend there were some people always holding an anti-war rally , be it nothing more then a few holding candles in the town's center or a well organized march.
Seems since bhos took office those same people are no where to be found .
I miss it too.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Via The Hill:
Nearly 65 percent of voters think Vice President Biden would not make a good president, according to a new poll.

A Quinnipiac poll released Wednesday shows only 25 percent of voters think Biden would make a good president. Ten percent said they do not know.