Bit of a strange situation...

norcal

I couldn't find anything about this through searching, so here goes..

I just looked at my bank account and noticed that 600 dollars was deposited through direct deposit from last week's pay.

I'm a part timer and only make about $200 a week, so I went to upsers.com, and discovered that they payed me for 28.5 hours of vacation time, but deposited that same check TWICE, and on top of that payed me my normal work week from last week.

BUT, I haven't taken any vacation time yet. There weren't any vacation dates open for me because they were all taken from people with more seniority, and I wasn't gonna take any time off until after the new year.

Has this ever happened to anyone? What do I do from here, go to management about their error?

rocket man

you get your vacation check 2 weeks beforeyou go on vacation then you will get a check then when your on vacation you get a check . then you work a week you wont get a check thenit goes back to un normal

kingOFchester

Find a man named "Klein". Give him 1/4 of the money. He will find you an all inclusive deal.....

I know someone that could sell you a timeshare too!

Cheap,, only 19k for the 5 year second tier, level 3, gold plan. Comes with the option to upgrade to a tier 2 level 5 for just a few extra grand. You get 162,326 points that can be combined with the accelerated use points. Thats not including the bonus time you can get for block banking your accured weeks. I can give you end-user financing too! Maintenance Fees are only 680.00 a month with a sinking fund. Also comes with trading power thru an extensive network of 1 star motels. Special assement is not to much to be concerned with as it won't be more then a few grand a year unless you opt in for the yearly insurance at a cost of 3k extra. Just beware that the aggregate limit is 250.00. Did I mention that this is an investment in vacation ownership? That it is a deed that may, probably won't gain value? Sign today and I will throw in an extra 1,000 floating points!!

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
If you "scheduled" two weeks back to back, you'll get those two together. The idea behind this is people on vacation won't come and pick up thier check on vacation. Those two weeks would be paid 2 weeks before the first week of vacation is scheduled.
Could be they are just putting in vacations for payouts as well because you didn't pick any for the year so they just cut checks.

norcal

Ok, so it turns out that my vacation is scheduled to start next week.... go figure. Looks like I won't be running away to Tijuana with the company's money (although I guess I could for two weeks).

Sooooo that leads me to another question, has anyone ever been able to re-schedule their vacation dates? It would be nice to have time off when school is not in session (early January) so I can actually take advantage of it, and I'm totally unprepared for taking two weeks off so soon.

Any hope for me? (thank you everyone for your help)

Big Babooba

Send all your money to:

Big Babooba Enterprises
Strange Situation Remediation Dept
69 Yerwacked Dr
Waco Tx. 76710

We'll handle the situation for you and you can continue your illustrious career at UPS with a clear conscience.

2Slow

January is on next year's vacations.
You can sometimes reschedule based on where you work and how strapped they are for people, but not from one year to the next.

Enjoy your vacation, or go into feeders where you can work through every vacation if you want to.

LKLND3380

Ok, so it turns out that my vacation is scheduled to start next week.... go figure. Looks like I won't be running away to Tijuana with the company's money (although I guess I could for two weeks).

Sooooo that leads me to another question, has anyone ever been able to re-schedule their vacation dates? It would be nice to have time off when school is not in session (early January) so I can actually take advantage of it, and I'm totally unprepared for taking two weeks off so soon.

They should be going around with a list in December asking when you want to vacation in 2012. Tell them you want January 1 - 7 off and back on Monday January 9

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

A. There is no way that you can't be allowed vacation because there are no slots left.

B. How can someone be this clueless about the most important benefit we have?

Shryp

Once for us everyone with direct deposit got paid twice. That didn't last long as within a few hours they automatically deducted the second one.