Blatant Entrapment

wayfair

swollen member
Alternate arrangements? That's pretty funny. That doesn't exist here. The alternate arrangement here is, deliver every package on the car, whether its 1/2 mile off route or 25 miles off route

You guys with shuttles and moving MisLoads must work in a place similar to the BOG

You must not have ORION

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
A lady on my route has a High Country. I asked her how she liked it and she said

"it's ok..."

I said "ok? that's a $50k truck"

she says " Oh I PAID way more than
image.jpg
that"

ManInBrown

You must not have ORION
Sure do. My center manager doesn't care. They don't want to be their in the 1st place. Word is they were sent their as a form of punishment.

Funny thing is, these idiots will send you a message the next day asking why you were 30 miles over plan the previous day. Because you instructed me to deliver my off route. Ok understood thanks. Lol

Holydriver

That's not the big picture. If we are consistently doing this customers get angry and go elsewhere. Eventually they just want to get what they're paying for. That's what convinces them to go to the competitors, who already have a cost, and quite often, a speed advantage.
I think the smashed boxes alo help customers loom at USPS and FedEx

ManInBrown

Real good friend of mine is a veteran driver. The definition of already checked out. Just doesn't care. If this driver finds a misload he/she mixes it in with another delivery and sheets refused. LOL. Just doesn't care. I could tell you a couple other crazy things but I'll pass.

Getting close in price also. A full sized Denali sub is within 10k of an escalade.

Although the front clip is really the only major difference.
It's amazing how much people spend on cars. I got 7200 in rebates 14,500 for my 11 Colorado the ups discount and then more after that. It is a 15 so they really want to get rid of it. My mother in law ordered me The whether tech floor mats front and back for my milestone birthday coming up I was fyiED by my wife. It might be up in the $500ed. I think she's crazy but it is what it is.
Life's good

Overpaid Union Thug

Real good friend of mine is a veteran driver. The definition of already checked out. Just doesn't care. If this driver finds a misload he/she mixes it in with another delivery and sheets refused. LOL. Just doesn't care. I could tell you a couple other crazy things but I'll pass.

That is incredibly stupid. Especially so close to retirement.

ManInBrown

A lot of vets are completely checked out, with all the dumb stuff nowadays. This is the only UPS I know so I'm completely fine with playing their dumb games. Paid by the hour. WAD

Overpaid Union Thug

I don't disagree. The other things I could say are even worse. I will say it doesn't involve stealing. Just more of could not care less.
I've had lots of jobs over the years and have worked with every type of person you can imagine. But some of the people that drive in my center act like pure scum whenever they can get away with it and regardless of who it affects. And during my time on this board (I've been here pretty much since the beginning) I've noticed that they exist in other centers across the country too. What is it about this job that turns people into such selfish pricks? It's easy (if done correctly) and it pays very well with benefits to boot. I just don't get it.