Boots for driving?

PaidDriveTime?

I am gonna start driving soon and was looking for a good quality pair of boots that look pretty good, will last a while, and will be pretty comfortable. Do you guys know of any sites, or brands that you have liked over the years

Overpaid Union Thug

I started a similar thread recently but I was looking for advice on a buying a tough running shoe and I wanted brown instead of black. The black New Balance running shoes that most people around here have don't last long enough so I tried a pair of New Balance trail walking shoes that were supposed to be a little tougher. They come in brown but didn't even last as long as the regular running shoes. Well, I ended up finding a pair of Timberland Ossipee. They have a Gore-Tex membrane and are rugged, yet, comfortable running shoes. I will continue to buy them as long as Timberland makes them. I had almost given up on Timberland but I"m impressed with these. I might even buy a couple of more pairs to have as spares in case they stop making them.

cino321

Man - try them, you'll love them. Light, comfortable as heck. $140.00 +/- with the steel toe, worth every penny in my opinion. Going to buy a few more pair to put away when I get the chance.

I tried them on.... I would never torture myself with shoes like that. I don't see the need for steel toe either.

I wear Timberlands now in the summer.

For when it snows I have Rockport Open Adventure.

I have gone and tried many different kinds of shoes for work and pretty comfortable with these.

stealth8

Redwings all the way! I have lowcuts for the summer months that are comfy and waterproof.The soles are slip proof,which is a great safety option. Purchased their top of the line 8 inch high top boots for the winter and love them. Wouldn't purchase anything but Redwings, they are pricey, but when your feet are your career you can't afford to skimp!! Another plus is that they are made in the good old USA.

1080Driver

I've been going with Timberlands for a while now. Yes they do cost more but the sure do last long IMHO. I think steel toes are overkill & probably more uncomfortable, I go with a model that comes up a bit past the ankle. Good luck driving.

25yrvet

I have Redwings for the cold months and New Balance walking shoes in the summer.
I want to commend you for thinking about such an important subject early in your driving career.

The Brown Santa

Ping Pong Ball
I was a diehard Redwing guy, until I discovered the Magnums.....

For me the Redwings are too heavy....The Magnums are like walking on marshmallows all day.

PaidDriveTime?

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I have seen a couple I have liked so far, and I need to look into these Redwings and Magnums. I wore Doc Martens last Christmas jumping and found them to be a little heavy for my taste. Anyone else agree or am I expecting too much from the other models

DeputyDip

Backwoods Hillbilly
Converse:

Composite toe, waterproof, excellent ankle support, very lightweight. I bought a pair at a local Redwing dealer for about $70. They are easy on easy off, very nice.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Timberland PR Pro series - look like boots, polish nice, more comfortable than sneakers, last forever. Best shoes I've ever purchased. Pricey, but worth it.

I beg to differ... I think timberlands are heavy and therefore really uncomfortable.

I started a similar thread recently but I was looking for advice on a buying a tough running shoe and I wanted brown instead of black. The black New Balance running shoes that most people around here have don't last long enough so I tried a pair of New Balance trail walking shoes that were supposed to be a little tougher. They come in brown but didn't even last as long as the regular running shoes. Well, I ended up finding a pair of Timberland Ossipee. They have a Gore-Tex membrane and are rugged, yet, comfortable running shoes. I will continue to buy them as long as Timberland makes them. I had almost given up on Timberland but I"m impressed with these. I might even buy a couple of more pairs to have as spares in case they stop making them.

Man - try them, you'll love them. Light, comfortable as heck. $140.00 +/- with the steel toe, worth every penny in my opinion. Going to buy a few more pair to put away when I get the chance.

I tried them on.... I would never torture myself with shoes like that. I don't see the need for steel toe either.

I wear Timberlands now in the summer.

For when it snows I have Rockport Open Adventure.

I have gone and tried many different kinds of shoes for work and pretty comfortable with these.

Inside workers and drivers footwear is going to be different from one another. Stiff steel toed shoes don't work well for drivers. I tried these kind when I started driving and after a day my feet wouldn't talk to me anymore. After a trial seperation and a new investment in shoes, we're back together and doing a great job. I wear sneakers. I actually have 2 pair that I rotate. I wear one and leave the other outside near my locker to dry out and do the same with the next pair the next day. This way, my shoes never get the, I wear the same thing everyday FUNK. I agree with big arrow about buying extras if you like em. Seems like you can never find the same pair of shoes 6 months later. By the way, if you rotate shoes they last longer. Right now I'm wearing NIKE Monarch and AVIA with the cantilever support. The NIKE fit like a glove whereas the AVIA are okay till I'm ready to buy my next pair.

browndude

go with ecco's they are by far the best all the way around. they cost a little more than the others but the pair i am wearing now are 4 years old!

tourists24

go with ecco's they are by far the best all the way around. they cost a little more than the others but the pair i am wearing now are 4 years old!
Man,,, I just looked up the Ecco's and the Track II's look sweet (comfortable). The price tag said $215 though

I do a mall route and walk, walk, walk all day long. Ive never found a shoe that lasts more than a couple of months. You think these would hold up longer?