Bragging About Your Wages On Social Media Is Just Dumb!

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
trunk monkey could do you all jobs.....

and some of you are starting to look like monkeys with that scuzzy facial hair.....
1662067910672.png

Everyone can be replaced.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Go back to swinging on your pole.

Some people denied it, thinking they have some special skill to be a driver. If I said it 17 times, then I must have responded 17 times to drivers who think they cannot be replaced.

Does this make it 18?
The skill is the stamina and balls to do it. The job itself is not rocket science.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Go back to swinging on your pole.

Some people denied it, thinking they have some special skill to be a driver. If I said it 17 times, then I must have responded 17 times to drivers who think they cannot be replaced.

Does this make it 18?
Everyone skilled, or unskilled can be replaced, but it sure would hurt the UPS bottom line if we all quit tomorrow.
I wonder how many newbies it would take to replace 10 cover drivers that know every route in the center like the back of their hand?
The quality of our drivers is a big reason why UPS can afford to pay us bank and still remain the most profitable delivery service out there.
You can say what you want, but every one of our drivers who have had the chance to observe the competition knows that you are full of :censored2:.

Trucker Clock

it sure would hurt the UPS bottom line if we all quit tomorrow.

Yes it would. But they can hire more drivers to deliver your packages and get the job done.

If all the electricians or plumbers quit, nothing would get done. Can’t just hire anyone to do that job.

I wonder how many newbies it would take to replace 10 cover drivers that know every route in the center like the back of their hand?

I’m sure at least a few per cover driver. But, they will get the job done and after a few weeks, would go back to just one driver per route.

And with ORION and MapNav, area knowledge isn’t as big a deal anymore.

The newbies would eventually learn on their own, just like all newbie cover drivers do now.

You can say what you want, but every one of our drivers who have had the chance to observe the competition knows that you are full of :censored2:.

I got a little secret for you. Don’t tell anyone.

The competition you mention gets the job done. Are we better? I say yes. But, they get the job done.

Throw a newbie into a shell of a building and tell him to wire it. Ain’t gonna happen.

Throw a newbie into a package car with 10 minutes of DIAD training, they’ll get it done, eventually. Just look at the competition again. We do it better, but they still get the job done.

Again, don’t tell anybody. This is a secret.

Yes it would. But they can hire more drivers to deliver your packages and get the job done.

If all the electricians or plumbers quit, nothing would get done. Can’t just hire anyone to do that job.

I’m sure at least a few per cover driver. But, they will get the job done and after a few weeks, would go back to just one driver per route.

The newbies would eventually learn on their own, just like all newbie cover drivers do now.

The competition you mention gets the job done. Are we better? I say yes. But, they get the job done.

Throw a newbie into a shell of a building and tell him to wire it. Ain’t gonna happen.

Throw a newbie into a package car with 10 minutes of DIAD training, they’ll get it done, eventually. Just look at the competition again. We do it better, but they still get the job done.

Orion and map nav is going to be the downfall of this company.

You cannot replace experience and common Sense with the computer program

Pullman Brown

Depends on what type of strike it is.

“Economic strikers who are striking as a result of the employer's failure to reach an agreement over wages or other working conditions may be permanently replaced but cannot be terminated. Strikers who are striking as a result of an unfair labor practice cannot be permanently replaced or terminated.

At the end of a strike, unfair labor practice strikers are entitled to be reinstated to their former positions (even if that means the employer has to terminate replacement workers) as long as they have not participated in any misconduct. Economic strikers who offer to return to work after the employer has hired permanent replacement workers are not entitled to reinstatement. However, if they can't find equivalent employment elsewhere, they are entitled to be recalled as job openings become available.“

Trucker Clock

Depends on what type of strike it is.

“Economic strikers who are striking as a result of the employer's failure to reach an agreement over wages or other working conditions may be permanently replaced but cannot be terminated. Strikers who are striking as a result of an unfair labor practice cannot be permanently replaced or terminated.

At the end of a strike, unfair labor practice strikers are entitled to be reinstated to their former positions (even if that means the employer has to terminate replacement workers) as long as they have not participated in any misconduct. Economic strikers who offer to return to work after the employer has hired permanent replacement workers are not entitled to reinstatement. However, if they can't find equivalent employment elsewhere, they are entitled to be recalled as job openings become available.“

I wasn’t referring to a strike. The Company is not replacing 200,000 Teamsters, plus the pilots if they honor a strike should it happen.

It’s a hypothetical situation where Tom, Diick and Harry can be replaced by anyone.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I wasn’t referring to a strike. The Company is not replacing 200,000 Teamsters, plus the pilots if they honor a strike should it happen.

It’s a hypothetical situation where Tom, Diick and Harry can be replaced by anyone.

More like 340,000 Teamsters and the Pilots and every other Collective Bargaining Union will be honoring our picket lines (if ) it happens. The Company finally decided to cut them a good deal with their recent Contract, in the past they stonewalled their negotiations dragging them along for years using the authority of the railway act.

It is a Universal Law that anybody can be replaced just look at the people that have occupied the White House for the last 40 + years, so why do you continue to expound that issue. Are you planting fear or are you showing your own insecurities. And for what reason?

The deadline is a year away...Nothing has been proposed from either side...each side has their agendas and most of us (so called boomers) know what they are, with age comes wisdom and we seen this circus before. The 1997 strike media coverage was massive for the almost 3 weeks of the strike..With today's Media coverage and Social Media that 1997 strike would look like child's play. (Remember that the FEDS will be looking at both parties if either side is playing games)..and we think that the Trump raid is such a BIG Deal. Just how clean are their hands?

Everybody just chill and see what comes down the pipe..O'Brien has already set the timetables.

Zowert

Everyone skilled, or unskilled can be replaced, but it sure would hurt the UPS bottom line if we all quit tomorrow.
This right here.

Having longtime bid drivers doing the same route every day, servicing the same customers and getting close to that community is what makes UPS what it is. It’s not uncommon for neighborhoods to throw block parties for a retiring driver. That takes some serious bonding with your customers, to get that kind of love.

Anyway, having solid cover drivers who have good area knowledge and the ability to run any route you put them on is just as important, and I’d argue slightly more valuable than a bid driver. It takes a couple years to become an all around good cover driver. You wouldn’t get the same customer service with a bunch of untrained newbies following GPS. Actually they’d probably kill someone.

Trucker Clock

Are you planting fear or are you showing your own insecurities. And for what reason?

What in the hell are you babbling about?

I said that, if a strike WERE to happen, nobody is being replaced.

I guess I have to say it again for the slow learners, although @Stripperpole will probably bitch again.

My original response was to a UPS drivers pay rate being compared to a tradesman. Electrician, plumber, etc. I say that is not even a comparison because a tradesman cannot be replaced by just anybody, unlike a UPS driver.

I would have been fine with just the one response but then the big flooring elite jumped in saying how much skill this job required and that they could not be replaced, or replaced by just anybody.

Again, for the simple minded slow learners, Tom, Dick and Harry can be replaced with anybody off the street. Don’t sit there and tell me you have some unreplaceable specialized skill to do this job. But a tradesman, with their specialized mastery and skill, cannot.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
What in the hell are you babbling about?

I said that, if a strike WERE to happen, nobody is being replaced.

I guess I have to say it again for the slow learners, although @Stripperpole will probably bitch again.

My original response was to a UPS drivers pay rate being compared to a tradesman. Electrician, plumber, etc. I say that is not even a comparison because a tradesman cannot be replaced by just anybody, unlike a UPS driver.

I would have been fine with just the one response but then the big flooring elite jumped in saying how much skill this job required and that they could not be replaced, or replaced by just anybody.

Again, for the simple minded slow learners, Tom, Dick and Harry can be replaced with anybody off the street. Don’t sit there and tell me you have some unreplaceable specialized skill to do this job. But a tradesman, with their specialized mastery and skill, cannot.

So you are saying Carol can’t be a plumber? 🪠

JustDeliverIt

This right here.

Having longtime bid drivers doing the same route every day, servicing the same customers and getting close to that community is what makes UPS what it is. It’s not uncommon for neighborhoods to throw block parties for a retiring driver. That takes some serious bonding with your customers, to get that kind of love.

We a had a driver doing a rural route out here retire a few years ago now. Town threw a party for him, he delivered the same area 15/20 years of his career. Don’t think you will ever see that with other companies. FedEx seems to have a new driver every few months where I am.

Zowert

We a had a driver doing a rural route out here retire a few years ago now. Town threw a party for him, he delivered the same area 15/20 years of his career. Don’t think you will ever see that with other companies. FedEx seems to have a new driver every few months where I am.
A couple years ago we had a driver retire after 22 years in the same area, his route changed over time but for the most part he was servicing the same customers for over two decades. Around 10 years ago he saved an 8 year old boy from drowning by pulling him out of a pool and performing CPR. The neighborhood where he saved the kid’s life threw a huge retirement party for him and the local news was even there. I remember everyone taking 10-15 stops off this driver before he left the building, so he would only have stops in the neighborhood where his party was. It was really cool, he spent 8 hours doing like 30 stops. The whole story was great for UPS.