bus crash kills at least 10 after FedEx truck collision

Rainman

Its all good.
I respect you and your beliefs...I just don't agree. Many other religions have "10 Commandments" type principles as well. Christianity doesn't have a lock on morality or ethics. Most religions have a central figure that has the same virtues as Jesus. Lots of folks forget that when they are pounding those who don't believe the way they do.
I respect the fact that you don't agree. And what I'm trying to do is explain my beliefs and clear misconceptions. I'm not trying to ram my beliefs down anyone's throat, yours included. I've tried to word my posts so that no one will get that idea. Hopefully I have succeeded in that.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

DontThrowPackages

Are you really unaware of the oppression of women in many Muslim countries right now? Way beyond the "oppression" women have experienced in this country. You are so blinded by your hatred.
You're right. Women are murdered for the sake of, for an example, family honor. I know of the men of a girl, father, uncles and brothers, throwing stones to the head of their, daughter/sister/niece until she died. Happens throughout the Islamic world. But I won't say they all act that way.

vantexan

You're right. Women are murdered for the sake of, for an example, family honor. I know of the men of a girl, father, uncles and brothers, throwing stones to the head of their, daughter/sister/niece until she died. Happens throughout the Islamic world. But I won't say they all act that way.
Very true. I was just pointing out it's not an equal comparison between religions. There are plenty of good people in Muslim countries but a large percentage are locked in a Mideaval mentality and those generally are the ones that have killed large numbers here and in Europe, Africa, India and elsewhere.

DontThrowPackages

Our founding fathers wanted a freedom to worship as we choose, not the establishment of a state religion that marginalized other beliefs and often persecuted them. Their writings were full of the importance of religion in civic life. Read Jefferson especially. And it's a prime example of the hatred for Christianity demonstrated by atheists in their determination to twist the Constitution to completely stamp out any mention of Christianity in public life.
Seems when anyone questions the Christian faith, they see it as hatred. Just because I don't believe Jesus was the son of any God, doesn't make me hate him. I believe he was a good person and was,probably, raise up as a child to be made believe by the adults around him that he was Gods son. But It's be just over 2,000 years and still no sign of his return.

vantexan

Seems when anyone questions the Christian faith, they see it as hatred. Just because I don't believe Jesus was the son of any God, doesn't make me hate him. I believe he was a good person and was,probably, raise up as a child to be made believe by the adults around him that he was Gods son. But It's be just over 2,000 years and still no sign of his return.
In reference to hatred read MFE's constant attacks on Christianity over the years. For some, like him, it really is hatred. But that doesn't apply to everyone and everyone in this country has the right to believe what they want. It's when Christians are told they must be silent in all aspects of public life that we protest. Saying we infringe on others' beliefs by just saying things like "Merry Christmas" is an extreme view and infringes on our rights also. And yes, if people are working to quash any Christian expression in public life it's most likely based on hatred. In the USA, no matter what one believes, they should be able to openly practice their belief system as long as they aren't hurting others. Setting off bombs at marathons for example. And that doesn't mean if an extremist sets off a bomb then all people of that faith should suffer. But if extremists of a given religion are constantly committing terrorist acts then that group will come under intense scrutiny to protect society as a whole. Trying to downplay problems of a given group by equating them with all other groups and chalking it all up to Christian prejudices puts us all at a risk if authorities aren't vigilant but rather give in to political correctness.

Last edited:

overflowed

No one cares but the few of you non believers and a few believers. This was about a truck accident no? Would you believe that the Crusades were all about Gods glory? I have the feeling it was about gold most the time. I sway neither side by the way. I could care less. But this dribble make me irritated.

vantexan

No one cares but the few of you non believers and a few believers. This was about a truck accident no? Would you believe that the Crusades were all about Gods glory? I have the feeling it was about gold most the time. I sway neither side by the way. I could care less. But this dribble make me irritated.
We're having a discussion. Feel free to express your opinions.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
But It's be just over 2,000 years and still no sign of his return.
2,000 years is but the blink of an eye in the context of eternity. God's time and man's time are two entirely different things.

The Yankees have a bit of egg on their face today. I don't think most players in MLB really criticize Pineda for using pine tar to help control his pitches - but geez guy, try not to be so brazen about breaking the rules!

I wonder how the investigation is coming along in this terrible tragedy, two weeks after the fact. The only thing I've heard about the story lately is that one of the student's parents filed a $100 million lawsuit against FedEx.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
In reference to hatred read MFE's constant attacks on Christianity over the years. For some, like him, it really is hatred. But that doesn't apply to everyone and everyone in this country has the right to believe what they want. It's when Christians are told they must be silent in all aspects of public life that we protest. Saying we infringe on others' beliefs by just saying things like "Merry Christmas" is an extreme view and infringes on our rights also. And yes, if people are working to quash any Christian expression in public life it's most likely based on hatred. In the USA, no matter what one believes, they should be able to openly practice their belief system as long as they aren't hurting others. Setting off bombs at marathons for example. And that doesn't mean if an extremist sets off a bomb then all people of that faith should suffer. But if extremists of a given religion are constantly committing terrorist acts then that group will come under intense scrutiny to protect society as a whole. Trying to downplay problems of a given group by equating them with all other groups and chalking it all up to Christian prejudices puts us all at a risk if authorities aren't vigilant but rather give in to political correctness.

Van, you are wrong. I don't "hate" Christianity, but I do hate some of it's followers. Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, Fred Phelps etc. As I have always said, "Jesus, please protect me from your followers". I think you secretly hate Islam and other "lesser" religions, even though their practitioners are also overwhelmingly peaceful. Work on your tolerance for others.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't object to Christianity being questioned, in fact I insist upon it. What I object to is all Christianity being lumped in with the Falwells and Phelps of the world. Christianity is so much more and so much better than many of it's proclaimers. They absolutely belong in the discussions but so does my pastor, my dad (a retired pastor) Jimmy Carter, Nelson Mandela, MLK Jr., and even Rick Warren.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I don't object to Christianity being questioned, in fact I insist upon it. What I object to is all Christianity being lumped in with the Falwells and Phelps of the world. Christianity is so much more and so much better than many of it's proclaimers. They absolutely belong in the discussions but so does my pastor, my dad (a retired pastor) Jimmy Carter, Nelson Mandela, MLK Jr., and even Rick Warren.

Right, but Islam gets lumped in with Osama, and all of the bad things that religious extremists do in any religion.